How art influence me - UC / PS - Personal talent - painting

kageao 1 / 1  
Hi, I'm open to any suggestions. thanks for your help.
Prompt: Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?

I've been painted since I was young. When I held the crayon and draw my first line on the paper, I knew it was what would be with me for the future years. Like some sort of sudden crush or love at the first sight.

I painted during the recesses, the lunch breaks, sometimes even on the physics classes which I found really boring. Life always seemed so delightful to me simply because I had painting to memorize things like having a great time playing with a puppy or sceneries like a rain drop rolling down a leaf or even some sudden crazy thoughts like a unicorn-shape robot. Although it was considered as a pure hobby by many people, I knew that it is actually what enlighten me about life.

Once I had a huge argument with my best friend because we had opposite ideas about whether people can own a good life without the foundation of money. We both thought that each other was so wrong that we used everything we could think about to attack other's opinion. And the situation turned out that we started to treat each other as stranger.

Unable to break the deadlock, I turned to painting to ease my dejection. However, when I painted the buildings outside my window, I couldn't help to paint them in a gray and depressed hue. Accidentally, I dropped a drop of red paint on it when I almost finished. I got more upset, feeling that things couldn't go well even in painting. I stared at the red spot and tried to find a solution to fix it instead of painting again. Thinking for a few seconds, I decided to changed it into a balloon floating between the buildings and after I added few strokes, I found out that the bright color and the flying posture provided the painting with vividness.

The unexpected drop of paint finally became the highlight of the painting, which made me realized that instead of thinking about how to make an unchangeable mistake disappear, I should rather focus on how to improve it at the present situation. And this reminded me how to solve the problem between my friends and I. I could not pretend the disputation never happened, but I could still fix it or even utilize it to make an improvement.

So I apologized to her about my irrational anger and stubbornness and after I communicated with her calmly, we both agreed that we shouldn't force each other to accept our own perspectives. Throughout this procedure, we learned more about each other and became more inclusive that we were even closer than before. Because of the inspiration of art, I turned a quarrel that might become an end of friendship to a chance for us to understand each other better.

Painting for me is more than a tool to pass the time, but a inspiration in life that provide me with new aspects to view things. The balance between colors , people and scenes of a painting always remind me to find the same balance between life and work. And the need to observe also helps me to discover the appealing moments in life.Because of art I become able to think outside the box and learn from details in life.
kungfuli109 1 / 1  
Great Situation, Task, Action, and Result.

A real inspiring essay in my opinion. My only suggestion is perhaps relate this to your future goals with painting or how painting can achieve your goals.
OP kageao 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. But my consulter said that this essay doesn't show my personality trait or mention how it made me proud. Do you have any suggestions about that??

Home / Undergraduate / How art influence me - UC / PS - Personal talent - painting