'art in my life' - Florida State .."Vires Artes Mores"

avalleau1 1 / -  
Artes alludes to the beauty of intellectual pursuits as exemplified in skill, craft, or art;Describe how one or more of the values embodied in these concepts are reflected in your life.

**I wrote only about artes. I am not sure if i was completely able to explain how it is reflected in my life. Or if it was just too much? comments please?

Without the sole existance of art in my life, I would be a completely different individual than the one I am today. Music is my passion, my motivating force, and the element that keeps me grounded. Theater is my escape from reality, the chance to be a different person, the chance to shine. Art is a wonderful refined form of expression that has truly shaped my life.

Since I was three years old singing has been my number one form of enjoyment. I began singing in a choral ensemble at the tender age of seven and have not stopped since. The mere sound of a sweet melody brings me instant gratification. Personally music is not only a labor of love, but a dedication. Throughout the years I have aimed to improve musically, whether it is sight reading to vocal quality. I think of music as more than a hobby; I plan minoring in music while attending Florida State University and majoring in International Studies

Author Victor Hugo once said, "Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." Music is my outlet for self expression, my form of emotional catharsis. Simply sitting in the silence of my room writing songs on my guitar, where I am my own audience not only releases creative energy but allows me to express what I cannot say in words alone. Between the stress of AP classes, a job, and my chaotic family, composing my own music is a tool I am able to utilize to release creative energy and achieve self expression.

Art is not only reflected in the songs I have sang but the shows I have acted in. I was always a spectator, watching the musicals I only imagined being a part of. That aspiration became reality my junior year of high school when I managed to recieve a lead role in "Annie". I will never forget my racing heart, my shaking hands, and the bright lights as I walked onto the stage opening night. After the nerves passed intense exhiliration ran through my veins and I realized how passionate I was about the art. Participating in plays in musicals made me an all together more confident person. I am no longer afraid of public speaking or what others may think. Acting has opened up several oppurtunities to improve as a person; I am more confident, secure, and outgoing after the experiences I have gained working in theater.

The presence of art in my life has left positive impressions on me as an individual. Art, whether music or theater, has made me the confident, driven, dedicated person I am today; the qualities that I believe would help me fit perfectly into the Florida State community.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good morning :)

Your opening is very strong; it works well. The quote highlights your meaning well; I would keep it. I think your explanation of the stage and your experiences reflect art in your life well, as do your other examples. You have discussed in some depth how you have evolved throughout your life and how art has played a part in that growth. Your conclusion is good, but could be better. For example, how will these qualitites help you fit perfectly into Florida State?

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Undergraduate / 'art in my life' - Florida State .."Vires Artes Mores"