"Artes expanding on each of these attributes as a fellow 'Nole" -FSU application

JadeZiane 1 / 1  
To leave a legacy is something I will strive for in life. I believe the values that FSU are founded on will enable me to reach my goals and do something significant with my life.

Artes, the drive to reach excellence in your craft, I realize that I have been living by this value for most of my life. I was introduced to singing when I joined my 4th grade chorus class and loved being a part of a group of people working together to create one voice, this discovery eventually lead me to acceptance to the prestigious Florida All County and Allstate Mixed choirs as well as the FSU Summer Choral Camp program, where I grew to love this institution (and campus!). Around 7th grade, I discovered acting which changed my life. While continuing to work as part of an ensemble, it also allowed me to explore and express my individuality and style of performance which made me want to learn, work and achieve more than I had for anything else in my life. I take pride in saying that throughout the years, my efforts have not gone unnoticed. Last year I received the Director's Recognition award from my AMT Directors for outstanding work ethic and overall performance, the 2010/11 Best Actor award from my fellow actors in the drama program, and lead roles in my school productions. I believe art is about making yourself the best that you can be, and never losing the desire for consistent growth.

Working hard for anything you do is very important, but it is even more important to work hard for the right cause. To do this it takes strength of all kinds. I believe I display this quality in my life constantly, as I work rigorously to be in positions of leadership in the organizations I am passionate about. After earning my presidency and management positions in my Chorus and Drama classes, I realized that the difficult part wasn't over and that maintaining respect and relationships simultaneously would also be a challenge. I choose to be more of a collaborative leader than authoritarian, while still maintaining order, and as a result we are looking towards one of the most successful years in those clubs in a very long time. Getting those positions was no easy task, and although many discouraged me, I kept my head held high and reminded myself that as long as I stayed respectful and persistent, I would reap the benefit of my labor.

Having character is something very critical to being successful in life. Though I have not completely discovered who I am and will be for the rest of my life, I believe I have done a good job of forging my personality up until now. I have been chosen many times, to represent certain school-run organizations for advertising fundraising events, and have been asked to host school-wide functions and showcases. This demonstrates that, although I am a work in progress, I believe I am on the right track to becoming the person I hope to be when I get older. I am sure that I will reach that goal if I continue to live by the Mores, as well as the Vires and Artes values, and look forward to expanding on each of these attributes as a fellow 'Nole.
Artes, the drive to reach excellence in your craft, is a valueI realize that I have been living by this value for most of my life.

I was introduced to singing when I joined my 4th grade chorus class and loved being a part of a group of people working together to create one voice. This ---Start a new sentence here-- discovery eventually lead...

Around 7th grade, I discovered acting, which changed my life.

I believe art is about making yourself the best that you can be, and never losing the desire for consistent growth.---And self expression!

Working hard in anything you do is very important, but it is even more important to work hard for the right cause.

To do this, it takes strength of all kinds.

I choose to be more of a collaborative leader than authoritarian, while still maintaining order, and as a result we are looking towards one of the most successful years in those clubs than we have had in a very long time.

Having character is something very critical to being successful in life.

You are also very humble! ha ha

Good luck in school and have fun!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / "Artes expanding on each of these attributes as a fellow 'Nole" -FSU application