Artwork deserves great attention; School of Visual Arts/ Reasons

klahruh 1 / 1  
<The prompt was to write: "In 500 words or less, discuss your reasons for pursuing undergraduate study in the visual arts. Feel free to include any information about yourself, your goals and interests that may not be immediately apparent from the review of your transcripts or portfolio.>

I would most appreciate if anyone can help me check any grammatical errors.
If anything sounds awkward or improper, please do say.
Be as brutal as you can with the critiques. Thank you so much!

______________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

After clipping a stack of paper on the clipboard, I stand in front of a blank white paper with a charcoal in my hand. The split moment before the charcoal touches the paper, I notice my heartbeat rising. I feel both anxiety and anticipation for I don't know what will result on this paper in the next couple of hours. In an instant, various different ideas fluctuate in my mind. This freedom excites me, because I know it gives me complete control over my decision without being held accountable. Yet, I don't make any hasty marks on the paper. I become especially hesitant with my stokes, but it's not fear for a possible unsatisfying outcome. I am particularly careful on a paper because an artwork deserves that much of attention and consideration.

For me, art is embodiment of delicacy. It is dangerously delicate where even a slight misusage of a line produces a disparate atmosphere. A feeble stroke on a page emits a gentle flow to the viewer whereas a forceful stroke releases a violent energy. Art is amorphic and invites the viewer to speculate in their way. Every form leaves a history of its own and creates a distinctive characteristic. In other word, each item, whether it be from drawings, paintings or sculpture, can be justified. I have always been impressed by this intricacy. By the end of 8th grade, I was recommended to an art high school for further education in art. LaGuardia High School of Arts pushed me to enhance my techniques and investigate with various mediums. I took great interest in discovering that the atmosphere in drawing is not only affected by its shapes, but also the medium used. The school provided a stable environment where I constantly produced art. Each year, my works were displayed in Semi-Annual Art Exhibition and several were chosen as Permanent Collections by the school.

I strive to continue to pursue what helps me stay vigorous with anticipation. I look forward to discovering vast regions in the art field I was unaware of. I am not scared to seek higher education for the reason that the art will become a part of my life. I do have personal worries, angst, and flaws like any other people, but my greater ambition renders the decision possible.
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
"In 500 words or less, discuss your reasons for pursuing undergraduate study in the visual arts . Feel free to include any information about yourself , your goals and interests that may not be immediately apparent from the review of your transcripts or portfolio

You wrote a lot about why art mesmerizes you, which is good. But you only talked about your reasons for pursuing art in college in that last paragraph; you should elaborate. How long have you been interested in art? What is your preferred medium of art, and what do you like to draw? Do you want to use art in a career? What career? What do you want to accomplish by the end of your life, and what has art taught you about life that you are going to take with you to college and beyond?
OP klahruh 1 / 1  
Didgeridoo

You have no idea how much I appreciate your feedback. :)

I refreshed this page every ten minutes to see if anyone left a reply, and when there was nothing here, I was devastated.

I want to thank you once again for your critique. Now I know what to add onto my essay. :))
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
I'm happy to help! :D

Home / Undergraduate / Artwork deserves great attention; School of Visual Arts/ Reasons