Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'aspired to contribute to my work' - admission for rutgers

xtunitx 1 / -  
Throughout my life I have always aspired to contribute to my work. Whether this was school, sports, or a job, I have always made myself a contributor. With all my experiences I am carrying on to college, I am determined to leave a mark at Rutgers. I hope to gain the knowledge of being introduced into the real world, where I can depend on myself. My personal experiences with the hardships my family has endured makes me strive for a higher education and to reach a well respected position. The fact that I come from a family with strong cultural background will help me understand and relate to the diverse students of the campus. I have put a lot of effort to get to where I am at today.

Being a Hispanic, my family is very important to me and is very close knit. They have taught me many lessons whenever I see them. The one lesson I will always carry on with me is that no matter what the circumstances are I will overcome them and succeed. My family did not come from a wealthy country, they were born in Ecuador and when they arrived here they have worked extremely hard to get to where they are today. They have constructed in me a strong work ethic.

From freshman to senior year I have always worked hard whether it was academic or athletic. This went from sweating under the brutal summer sun during soccer practices and the mind numbing cold during crew practices to all the work put into my books to maintain a A plus grade average. I did succeed on becoming captain for both my teams, but this did not come easy this came with a lot of pain and sweat and late nights of studying. I did gain my ability to manage my time because when playing sports on a varsity level you have to be able to practice every day for two to three hours and have to go home to finish up your school work. All of this brought my skills in organization, leadership and determination.

At Rutgers I hope to gain one thing I do lack and that is the experience of being out there in the adult world. This does sound frightening to many but I want to go to Rutgers and expand my knowledge of how to live life. While I attend Rutgers I expect to expand my leadership skills, I attained in high school as sport captain. I have learned that being in a position of leadership is something that should not be taken for granted. In this position you have to please your fellow teammates, but maintain order and keep calm while others are against your ideas. With this piece of knowledge I know if I get the chance to experience the adult world in Rutgers I will be able to go into any problem head on and be in control of my emotions.

I have contributed to my school and sports teams throughout my high school career, and I know I can do this for Rutgers as well. Even though I have not joined many clubs in high school I have always tried to help by fundraising and doing community service. Whenever my crew or soccer team had some kind of fundraising I always made sure I helped out even if it was the simplest thing like handing out fliers. I know that I have my mind set on my education, but also on helping the school that helps me succeed.

Every man has weaknesses, as do I, but I have the will power to make these weaknesses into strengths. I want to go to Rutgers and learn from the students, but I also wish to teach them. I know that my strong cultural background will help me achieve this I want the diverse community at Rutgers to know that we have certain things in common. We have worked hard to reach the position we are in today, and will keep on working hard.

Home / Undergraduate / 'aspired to contribute to my work' - admission for rutgers