"Attention! Don't move! Eyes to the front!" ; My significant leadership role

ivylaw 3 / 6 1  
Q: Describe your most significant leadership experience. Why do you consider this your most significant role?

A: "Attention! Don't move! Eyes to the front!" These catchy phrases can normally be heard echoing though the large gymnasium building, the base for Captain Rankin and Vancouver. Being a PO1 (Petty Officer First Class) in cadets was, by far, one of my most significant leadership role. I had to stand in front of a division of cadets to direct them through parades and opening ceremonies and I was responsible for holding a class each week. I taught them how to treat broken arms, dislocated collar bones, and how to build a shelter in the woods from scratch. Many of the younger cadets looked up to me and went to me for tips on how to polish your boots, iron your clothes, and become a better public speaker with a loud and clear voice. This was a very significant leadership experience for me because I learned how to manage crowds of people, plan for classes and events, and also how to get my point clearly across to my listeners. I worked alongside officers and other cadets who had amazing leadership skills and I was able to learn from the best. I studied how they confidently walk across the room with their heads held high and how they treat each and every cadet the same and was able to learn and mimic their great skills. Through being a cadet, I learned and developed many important life skills, such as effective communication skills, organization and time management, and self-confidence.

Can you please help me correct any grammar problems and also see if I stayed on topic and answered the Why do you consider this your most significant role part?

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
Futurepilotkid 1 / 3  
I love it and especially the topic it suits it quite well . You're are cadet ? So am I ,I rank at Leading Seaman

Home / Undergraduate / "Attention! Don't move! Eyes to the front!" ; My significant leadership role