UT Austin Transfer Nursing Story- I never wanted to be a nurse

lkraus3 1 / -  
College is the time where we all find ourselves. Where we evolve from the children we were into the adults we were always meant to be. So far, college has shown me one thing; I was meant to be a nurse. UT Tyler has done for me what I couldn't do for myself. It has shown me the path that I am supposed to take, but also it showed me where I am supposed to take it. Tyler is an amazing school, but I have come to realize that the program that I want to be at, the program that will help me find my way, is not here at Tyler, but in Austin. The progressive nursing school in Austin is the reason I want to be there. The professors, the opportunities granted, and the bigger program are all a part of my decision to transfer. The low student to teacher ratio at UT Austin, the diverse academic climate, and the opportunities to work at places such as the Family Wellness Center during clinical hours really appeals to me.

I have spent the last two semesters at The University of Texas at Tyler, a place where nursing students, teachers, and programs are everywhere. I have seen real enthusiasm for nursing, amazing teachers for it, and a progressive program. These past two semesters have made me realize how strongly I want to be a nurse. It has enlightened a passion inside of me, a passion to help others, save lives, and be a part of the medical community. I never realized how much I want to be in a hospital setting. The environment, the atmosphere entices me and there is no career I would rather have.

Nursing in of itself has so many options. In nursing school, I would explore different aspects of nursing and for that, I cannot wait. I am focused on labor and delivery nursing, because not only are you there for one of the most important days in these women's lives, you get to see them grow and meet their baby for the first time. I can't imagine a job I would want more than working in a Labor and Delivery department in a hospital. I would be able to get the experience I need with the clinical opportunities offered at UT Austin.

I have always believed that someone should not choose a job because of financial reasons, but rather chose a job because that is what they are passionate about. I was stuck because I thought I didn't know what I was supposed to do. In reality, it was always right in front of me. Nursing was always there, and it didn't take me long to know without a doubt that nursing was what I was meant to do. Nursing appeals to me because of the flexibility of the job. I would really like to work in other places of the world someday, to travel and help people. Also, nursing is a fantastic foundation for other job options. I would always have the option of continuing my education after I got my degree.

From this year at UT Tyler, I not only have gained clarity in where I want to go academically, but it has also strengthened my understanding of what I want to do with my life. I want to dedicate my life to nursing, I want to help others in a hospital, and eventually in the future I want to help people around the world. Nursing is my sole passion, and I know that I could dedicate myself to nursing school, and then dedicate myself to a nursing job. It is the only thing I want to do, and I couldn't be more sure of it.
xsimio - / 3 2  
"more sure" is logically incorrect. You are either sure, or you are not sure. Think of a glass, if is full, can it be more full, or "fuller"?

I could also find in the dictionary the work "surer" which I did not know it exists. Maybe surer would be of a better use here?

Home / Undergraduate / UT Austin Transfer Nursing Story- I never wanted to be a nurse