Australia Bound- Study Abroad Essay

15_dreams 1 / 2  
Why have you chosen this program? How will it be related to your present academic program? Also describe the personal benefits you expect to receive from the program.

Australia is my home away from home and getting to visit when trying to finish school and obtain a degree seemed to be impossible. I visited Adelaide, Australia five years ago on a high school basketball tour for about 3 weeks. Since then, it has been my goal to go back and explore the other beautiful landmarks and adventures that I was unable to achieve due to the restricted activities we already had scheduled. As a Business major, I feel that any study abroad program would benefit my understanding of other countries business ideas as well as different education techniques. Although I lived in dorms/apartment for a full year, I still wasn't away from home. This study abroad opportunity will allow me to become more independent and develop a sense of another country's culture. My choice to apply for the Australia seemed like a plausible solution to my three biggest dreams: to visit Australia again, to travel different places in the world, and to continue my education without setting me back. Travel will also introduce me to other cuisines of the world, as my ultimate goal in life is to open my own restaurant. Relating it back to my academic progress, business cannot be learned strictly from the class room, or from the same people throughout the years; diversity and the possible internship abroad will give me an understanding of other business views.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Australia is my home away from home and getting to visit when trying to finish school and obtain a degree seemed to be impossible.
You may want to state this more simply:
Australia is my home away from home. It seemed impossible to find time to visit while I was attending school.

I visited Adelaide, Australia five years ago ...
You visited once, but it is your home away from home?

Since then, it has been my goal to go back and explore the other beautiful landmarks and adventures that I was unable to achieve due to the restricted activities we already had scheduled.

It is great that you are expressing your goals, I would re-word this sentence because it is a run-on.

As a Business major, I feel that a study abroad program would benefit my understandingincrease my knowledge of other countries business ideas, as well as different education techniques.

This study abroad opportunity will allow me to become more independent and develop a sense of another country's culture.
Can you expand on these thoughts? You should emphasize your expectations of the program and how it will affect your career.
OP 15_dreams 1 / 2  

Study Abroad to Australia

Since a child, traveling has been a big dream of mine. Growing up as the youngest child, I saw my sister travel to Italy multiple times for study abroad and come back a different person in some aspects. As a sophomore in high school I traveled to Australia on a 3 week long basketball tour. When there we played 6 games in Adelaide, and 2 in Melbourne, while staying with host families and going to high schools, or colleges, throughout the day. We had very little time to ourselves, and although it was an experience we were unable to explore real Australian culture. Since then I have wanted to return, but unable to due to some financial reasons, and wanting to finish my Business Administration degree. Just this semester did it click that I could have the opportunity to continue my studies while traveling.

Not only is traveling back to Australia a dream for my, but will give me another perspective in the business world. I feel that participating in programs outside your school/state/country will allow a person to gain understanding of different concepts within any degree of study. The world of business is changing constantly and even more so around the world. I would also be interested in the internship part of this program, which would gain me an advantage in the business world in the United States, and add to my resume.

Currently, I reside with my parents in Fredonia, NY attending SUNY Fredonia. It is my home town, and has been for the 19+ years of my life. This transition from United States to Australia will allow me to gain independence, and really experience living on my own. While abroad, I hope to gain relationships personally, and professionally. I personally believe that going abroad will also help me to continue with higher education with ease. The same thing every semester becomes tiresome; being able to break my routine and go abroad to Australia will keep me, and anyone for that matter, interested in the academic programs offered.

I firmly believe that participating in a study abroad program is an experience and risk worth taking. The opportunities, relationships, and independence gained can change a person's perspective on the world around us, and the world we live in. Nothing lets us appreciate what we have or don't have more than emerging yourself into another culture.
jaijagadeesh 7 / 13  
Not only is traveling back to Australia a dream for my, but will give me another perspective in the business world,
I think if you writ above sentence like this would be little batter, :[b]Traveling to Australia is not only my dream,but it also enhance my perception in business world,

Home / Undergraduate / Australia Bound- Study Abroad Essay