'An average Mexican restaurant' - COMMON APP- WORK EXPERIENCE

askelliott 4 / 8 1  
PLEASE HELP/EDIT/ REVISE/ ETC.
Any criticism or advice is highly appreciated.

In the summer of 2012, I wanted to uphold the responsibilities of holding a job so with that I chose to apply for a simple job at the local Rubio's. Though to many, Rubio's is just an average fast food "Mexican" restaurant, but for me it was the basis and the foundation of my work experience.

From working at Rubio's, I've been able to gain a sense of humility both towards the restaurant and towards my surroundings. Before my job at Rubio's, I took the work done by the "people in the back" for granted, not knowing their story and the reason they work hard to keep their jobs. But by working at Rubio's, I gained an insight into the lives of the workers and an appreciation of what they do. By working at Rubio's, I learned key traits such as humility, which have allowed me to gain some recognition among people starting with my parents. I also was able to exercise my communicative skills, which are key in any business/marketing related field. A simple fast food job may be noted as nothing towards any person, but for me, it's an experience that has ultimately impacted me. "All things start somewhere"
ldirkx 1 / 6 1  
College admin officers always say to "show" what you mean instead of telling. I would recommend telling a story of your work experience and how it has affected you through an [i]actual [i] experience. Also, if this is the 500 word one, I recommend using as much of those 500 as you can!

Home / Undergraduate / 'An average Mexican restaurant' - COMMON APP- WORK EXPERIENCE