'a band geek' - Tufts Short Response #3

egpctim 5 / 10  
Please help proofread my response!
Thanks!

3. For the second short response, we asked you to consider the world around you. Now, consider the world within. Taste in music, food, and clothing can make a statement while politics, sports, religion, and ethnicity are often defining attributes. Are you a vegetarian? A poet? Do you prefer YouTube or test tubes, Mac or PC? Are you the drummer in an all-girl rock band? Do you tinker? Use the richness of your identity to frame your personal outlook. (200-250 words)

Back in my old school, everyone in band was known as a band geek. Usually, the term geek has a very negative connotation, but in my school, being a band geek was something to be proud of. We were the ones who played at all the football games and went to Disneyland. While other people spent their Friday nights partying or studying, I was with the rest of the band playing pep band music at the school football games. It wasn't required, but everyone just loved to play music. Where football has "hell week", my band had "band week". We spent every day of "band week" in our sectionals playing music and if we messed up, we had to do pushups and run laps. It was intense, but I loved it. One of my favorite activities that we did as a band was the field show. Every Thursday during the summer, the band would meet up to practice for the field show. I didn't see the results of my hard work then, but after our first field show, that's where I really saw the fruits of my labor. We performed at competitions and only achieved our high scores through everyone working as one unit. Being in band has really helped to shape my personal outlook on life. I have learned that even though I may not see the results of my work right away, it will be there in the future, and that is why no matter what it is - music, sports, or academics; I try my best.
ItsokaytoGaga 15 / 96  
hey Timothy!
Well written essay! Good job :) I don't see any major errors or anything. Good Luck!

Please check my Tufts optional supplement essay. I really could use some help. Thanks! :)
OP egpctim 5 / 10  
Thanks!
Other people please help me with this essay!
I will return the favor! :)

Home / Undergraduate / 'a band geek' - Tufts Short Response #3