Barnard College/ what influenced your decision to apply? Simple delightful!

MHKHRY 5 / 21 6  
Revise this please, anybody, help me. :)

Barnard College
A. How did you first learn about Barnard College and what factors have influenced your decision to apply? Why do you think the College would be a good match for you?

If you would prefer to upload a document in response to this question, please click the 'upload' button below. If your upload is successful, you will see a 'view document' button and a 'delete' button appear next to the question.

Please Note: The system will save only an uploaded document or a typed essay but not both.

While attending a summer school program at Columbia University, I explored the modest campus of Barnard College and fell in love with it. Unlike the vast and confusing campus of Columbia, Barnard is simply delightful. The small class sizes at Barnard will certainly help me to communicate better with the faculty and staff. Furthermore, I appreciate the fact that Barnard is one of the leading women liberal arts colleges in the country. As a young girl, I had the privilege of attending an all-girl primary school in Haiti. While having the experience of attending both unisex and mixed gendered schools, my opinion is that all-girl schools are far more conducive to learning. I contend that all-girl schools are less distractive and allow women to participate in their learning environment without the fear of being ridicule by their male counterparts. I believe that attending Barnard College will provide great opportunities for me to explore a wide variety of careers that may not have been possible to women in the past.
linting2012 10 / 78 18  
I think this essay is good, it succinctly tells the admission officer what you like about the college and why you want to go there. However what is the word count? Maybe you could elaborate more on the subject you want to study on and how banard college can help you?

Good Luck

BTW please also look at my MIT World essay
OP MHKHRY 5 / 21 6  
Alright, and the word count is only 1000 characters, I had way more written but had to reduce it. Thank you so much!
I will look at your essay too.
StephR 4 / 14 1  
i found it really good, especially since you had a very short limit
OP MHKHRY 5 / 21 6  
Thank you! :)

Home / Undergraduate / Barnard College/ what influenced your decision to apply? Simple delightful!