bates supplement - how to highlight vitality?

umulbaneen 4 / 27  
ok im having great problems in the bates supplement qs

How will you, with your life experiences, contribute to the vitality of Bates?

so i want anyone to give me any random example of any exp that can highlight vitality ??/

it will be great help
because ive been stuck on it since two days =S
PrettyBoyu 4 / 19  
i am stuck on this essay too
I want to say how my experience can increase the diversity of Bates community ,but i found it a little bit cliche...
OP umulbaneen 4 / 27  
same!!!!

its just that i cant up with any experience =(
Cermi 4 / 12  
I didnt know what to write so I decided to write about things I'd like to do on campus and how would I like to help other students.
OP umulbaneen 4 / 27  
thats good but what about life experiences

im sorry im like obsessing now
Cermi 4 / 12  
I believe that most people did not know what to write about their life experiences and chose their own approach.
OP umulbaneen 4 / 27  
true
thanks a lot--

between how do you phrase the fact that something excites you--sends butterflies down my stomach??
sends butterflies down my stomach??0----

I think you are confusing "sends chilled up my spine" with "gave me butterflies in my stomach." The butterflies thing is about feeling nervous. The chills up my spine thing is about feeling creeped out.

To express excitement, you should use your own expression rather than coming up with a common phrase. For example, this discussion of language and writing has me captivated, like a cat watching a mouse hole.

contribute to the vitality of Bates

Yes, so this is one of those situations where you have to zoom in on a word. What is vitality?

Answer that question as part of your essay. I don't mean to give the dictionary definition, though! that is usually a weak way to start an essay. Complete this task by explaining how you think of intellectual vitality in an academic community like Bates.

Then, discuss your passions and interests, and the clubs and programs aligned with them. It is great if you can honestly say you look forward to collaborating with people and mutually encouraging one another; it is great if you mention groups to which you belong, such as essayforum, where you are already involved in collaboration.

Kind regards!

:-)
OP umulbaneen 4 / 27  
i just saw this and i have already applied
but ill just say thanks
thats exactly wat my brother told me and i havve incorporated all those factors

Home / Undergraduate / bates supplement - how to highlight vitality?