'Beautiful, diverse, and ranked on top' - UCF Admissions

Sikhar 1 / 3  
1. Why did you choose to apply to UCF?

Beautiful, diverse, and ranked one of the top universities in Florida, University of Central Florida has been my dream school since I moved to Miami in 2006. Born and raised a New Yorker, adapting to Florida was a life-changing experience. Instead of snowstorms, I had to adjust to hurricanes. What was once a view of a thousand skyscrapers outside my window became a thousand palm trees surrounding bright blue water. The changes were so drastic that I immediately decided that I wanted to move back to New York for college. A few months later, be that as it may, I decided that as an adult, I would really love to pursue psychology. When I overheard one of my teachers discussing UCF and how the accredited university was growing in size and rank, I decided to do some research. What I found was a university whose largest department is psychology, offers several internships, practice, research, and learning activities for that very profession, and is just a few hours away from my family. The more I learned about this school, the more enticed I became with it. Today, UCF appears to be the perfect school for me in every possible aspect, especially now that my transition to Florida life is complete. I am certain that this school will provide me with the best possible education, the opportunity to become independent and to discover myself as an individual, and simultaneously create a scholarly yet lively atmosphere.
RuthXue 2 / 1  
I think you have very good points! Good luck!
ChichoTran 7 / 15  
Before I put anything down, what is the word limit?
Ethan1221 1 / 2  
Remember that for college essays the essay has to be from 250-500 words. Dont forget that you want to express yourself to the college. The main points colleges look for is what kind of character do you have? Do you have leadership skills? Why would you be good for this particular college? These are what they are looking for in general.
OP Sikhar 1 / 3  
The limit for this one is 250 words
OP Sikhar 1 / 3  
Yeah I agree, the only problem is I'm really bad at expressing my voice through writing

Home / Undergraduate / 'Beautiful, diverse, and ranked on top' - UCF Admissions