Beautiful, many majors, convenient: Why is Marist a good match for you essay?

mimiallen 4 / 8  
Prompt 400 words max on why marist is a good match for you

In summer 2009, I visited Marist College knowing very little and had low expectations. My perception of Marist changed by the end of my tour. As I began my tour not only was Marist beautiful, but it was also diversified and the students were nice. The tour guide began to lead us to the classrooms, which made me worry a little because I thought the classrooms were going to be auditorium size. I was pleased to find out that the average classroom size was 20 students, which means that the teachers can pay more attention to the students. This also shows that the students can learn more effectively based on the small classroom environment. Marist offers a lot of majors that I have interest in, such as criminal justice. I also like that Marist offers a pre-professional program. Since I am interested in law, the pre-law program will help create me into a well rounded student. I loved that Marist prepared students for life after college by providing internships. The pre-law program and the internship will not only put a foot in the door for me, but it will also create a pathway for me to accomplish my goal of becoming a lawyer. The tour guide explained that Marist has a high employment rate after college, which made me feel secure about not struggling to find a job. Afraid of leaving home, Marist assured me that I would have easy access to New York City. As my tour came to an end I came to an conclusion that Marist is the best college for me, not only because it is beautiful, offers a wide range of majors, but it also convenient to home just in case I miss my family.
yadda514 4 / 16  
Instead of saying what the college has to offer and how you are pleased by it, how about saying what you wanted and wished for and how the college has filled those needs, eg. I was pleased to find out that the average classroom size was 20 students, which means that the teachers can pay more attention to the students.

instead you can say: I was worried about how much individual attention I would recieve while studying at Marist College, however I was more than happy when I learned the classes were small enough to give me personal attention.

I also would start the paragraph about your interest in law that way it seems as though you have a dream/want set.

how is marist the best college for you? what educational values do they have?

Home / Undergraduate / Beautiful, many majors, convenient: Why is Marist a good match for you essay?