Beauty of Biology and aspirations as an engineer. Why Duke?

PersonLad 1 / -  
If you are applying to the Pratt School of Engineering, please discuss why you want to study engineering and why you would like to study at Duke.

Einstein once said, "Scientists investigate that which already is; engineers create that which has never been." This is why I want to be a biomedical engineer. I have an ambition to take the beauty of biology and create something even more breathtaking out of it. Biology utterly captivates me. It is astounding that human kind can understand everything from microscopic, intricate processes like DNA replication to grand theories like evolution. What amazes me even more is that we take our understanding of biology and use it to our advantage. We do not simply just observe and study the beauty of biology, we take it and create something useful and even more fascinating. By majoring in biomedical engineering, I aspire to further develop my passion for biology and impact the world with my innovation and creations.

There is no question Duke would help me achieve my aspiration. First of all, Duke's student body is very important to me. I am a firm believer that peers strongly dictate my actions, capacity to learn, and psychological growth. Duke sports a mere 16 percent acceptance rate. This makes most prospective students cringe and shy away from Duke. However, for me a low acceptance rate draws me even closer to Duke. With a 16 percent acceptance rate, only the best students that have a drive to challenge themselves like me make it past applications. With Duke, I am assured that I will be surrounded by people that will allow me to unlock my full potential and grow to my maximum extent.

Furthermore, Duke's biomedical engineering program is ranked an outstanding fourth nationally and number one for the productivity of its biomedical department. Coupled with numerous research opportunities, I know I would receive an excellent and thorough education. In addition, the program Engineers Without Borders piques my interest. Not only is the program a fantastic way to develop my skills as an engineer by getting hands on experience, but I would be impacting the world by aiding 3rd world countries.

I need help writing a closing sentence and I probably need help adding onto why Engineers Without Borders piques my interest.
Thanks in advance and I'll help you with what I can if you help me well.
luvicemocha 2 / 20  
Maybe you can write something along this of wating to help better the human race expecially those in need with your knowledge of Biochemical engineer and that DUKE is the only place that can provide that?

Overall I think is amazing
could you check mine??
BigBro - / 2  
Lol, did you forget your password?

Home / Undergraduate / Beauty of Biology and aspirations as an engineer. Why Duke?