'the beauty of mathematics' - California exchange student

mickeygirl 5 / 7  
As an exchange student, I went to Santa Paula High School, California, US, in 2006. It was a totally different environment from my home country; English filled up my day. No matter what I would do on campus, listening, reading or communicating, I must use English. Not only my writing skills improved but my oral English went on to an upper level. Moreover, I got a chance to take Calculus, which was only taught in universities in China. I kept constant awareness of the beauty of mathematics. Learning calculus was an exciting exploration, taking the process of cracking problems as a recreational form of detective work. The objective existence of the absolute charm appeared almost a religion to me. As one of my significant academic experiences, having attended Santa Paula High School helped develop my English, which is so much useful in the modern world, and fulfill my passion for mathematics.
OP mickeygirl 5 / 7  
Sorry, the prompt is to describe a significant academic experience.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
No matter what I would do on campus, listening, reading, or communicating, I had to use English. Not only my writing skills improved but my oral English rose to a higher level.

Learning calculus was an exciting exploration; considering the process of cracking problems as a recreational form of detective work (Was what? Please finish your thought.) .

Nice work; good conclusion.
OP mickeygirl 5 / 7  
Thank you very much for your suggestions!~

Home / Undergraduate / 'the beauty of mathematics' - California exchange student