I became fascinated with genetics; Why Nursing & Why Mount Union?

Ange1031 1 / 1  
The prompt is: why i chose nursing as a major and why i would like to attend Mount Union.

The one subject that really stood out to me in high school was science. During my sophomore year, I became fascinated with genetics, when we covered that unit in biology. It always fascinated me on how the human body works. Every day of school, I look forward to ending my school day with my two science classes. It has been a big struggle on what I want to major in and where I would like to attend college at. Before I made my decision, I knew that I wanted to go into a career that makes me feel like my help is needed and that I wanted to fuel my liking for science. I had many career ideas in my mind but only one stuck out to me. I had the idea of going into the health-care field but I wasn't exactly sure what exactly. With the help of my junior chemistry teacher, I knew that I was going to major in nursing.

When my junior year Chemistry teacher saw how much I loved the study of science, she called me over to her desk and talked to me about the idea of majoring in nursing. During my senior year, I was lucky enough to take not just one science, but two science courses. Because I was thinking about majoring in nursing, as one of my science courses I decided that I wanted to take anatomy/physiology. I have become so fascinated by studying anatomy, it is my favorite class that I get to take this year. I love learning what the body is made up of and how it works, therefor I am excited that I get to major in something that has the same interests.

Even though picking my major was an easy pick for me, picking the right college wasn't so easy. I have visited many colleges and I am very interested in those colleges. Mount Union was my first college that I visited. As soon as I stepped on their campus, I fell in love. All the students were so kind and everyone was so involved with everything going on around campus. I had a feeling that this was where I wanted to be after high school. Mount Union was where my mother spent her first year of college at. I did some research about the nursing program and I knew that I wanted to be a part of it.

I am very excited to take the next step after high school. I think that I am ready to start the first step of becoming a nurse. This is a very exciting time in my life and I am very happy that Mount Union could be in my future. Science and math have always been my strongest classes in school and the fact that I get to further my education in both is exciting. There is so much more exciting things that lay ahead. I think Mount Union is the right place for me to experience all of these exciting opportunities.
The one subject that really stood out to me in high school was science. During my sophomore year, I became fascinated with genetics, when we covered that unit in biology. It always fascinated me on how the human body works. Every day of school, I look forward to ending my school day with my two science classes.

Well, I find you trying to say the same idea in different different ways. I guess it is better if you skim the core ideas and present them in maximum two lines.

It has been a big struggle on what I want to major in and where I would like to attend college at.

It was a pretty tough for me to decide what I would choose as my major and which university I would attend to.

I had many career ideas in my mind but only one stuck out to me.

You declare that you had many career ideas. Then how this one stood out of all of them? You need to elaborate on that.

Home / Undergraduate / I became fascinated with genetics; Why Nursing & Why Mount Union?