"To become the best nurse" -the C.A.R.E program at Florida State University

megan04 1 / -  
NOT FINISHED BUT NEED HELP!( THIS PROGRAM IS FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE THE FIRST TO GRADUATE AND GO TO COLLEGE, AND HAVE MONEY PROBLEMS)

The CARE Summer Bridge Program is an excellent idea for students like me. Since I was a little girl I've always wanted to grow up and become the best nurse I could be. The only way I can reach this goal is if I go to college. Being the first child I am always looked up to by my brother and sister. My parents never went to college and always tell me I shouldn't be like them and not go through with it. I am determined to be successful and prove to my parents that I can do it.

Throughout my high school years my parents were going through a rough time. The economy got worse and they got so nervous that I might not be able to go to college because they didn't have the money for it. When my parents started to have money problems I started to hear them fight every night about it. Then one day my mother took me out to lunch and said she needed to have a serious talk about some things. She told me that her and my father were not doing so great and they were thinking about a divorce.

Right when I heard my mom say that she wanted a divorce my heart shattered to a million pieces. My mom said the fights got worse over the money and she couldn't deal with it anymore, I began to cry because it didn't feel real to me. My parents are the closest people to me in my life and I knew they were going through a hard time. I told my mother that I know things could get better between them, it just needs some time. As the year went on they did work things out even though money wasn't the best for them.

I started working in ninth grade just so I didn't have to ask my parents for money for anything. I've worked at three different jobs and love the feeling that I can pay for most things myself. My parents always tell me how proud they are of me, but I always think about the future and it scares me. This program makes me feel like I can actually go to college and do what I am determined to do, and that is to be a labor and delivery nurse.

My parents always tell me they hope I live the life they never had because they both never went to college and no one encouraged them to either. Florida State University is one of the top schools and being in this program would give me the support to go on everyday and know I can be successful and give me a head start in my life. I would love to meet other people with the similar story as me just so I can talk to them about it, and we could help each other through the way.
melkorthefoul 13 / 31  
Since I was a little girl I've always wanted to grow up and become the best nurse I could be. The only way I can reach this goal is if I go to college.

Since I was a little girl I've always wanted to become the best nurse I could be, and the only way I can achieve this goal is if I go to college.

Being the first child I am always looked up to by my brother and sister.

I think this is unecessary detail, but then again, I need the prompt to know what you should be writing about...

Why dont you provide the prompt, then I'll be able to help more :D

Home / Undergraduate / "To become the best nurse" -the C.A.R.E program at Florida State University