Not Becoming My Enemy? (Princeton Supplemental Essay Topic, 500 Words Max)

LoliT 2 / 9  
Yes Its Me Again. I Am Working On The Other Essay On The Side And Realized I Have Like 6 Others To Do, So To Relax Im Working On Other Essays. SO Here Is One For Princeton.

500 words
Option 4 - Using a favorite quotation from an essay or book you have read in the last three years as a jumping off point, tell us about an event or experience that helped you define one of your values or changed how you approach the world. Please write the quotation at the beginning of your essay.

Working On It, Thanks!-------------------------

ok so the conclusion is probably really weak, and I think the quote may not go with the essay as well as I thought. But critique's are appriciated.
Llamapoop123 7 / 442  
I thought I was awesome, perfect as I was and didn't need to change. I can't say with that attitude I was very popular, I was already odd in my interests of anime, gothic architecture and Greek mythology so my attitude didnt help my social life.

I realise the effect of the word "awesome" here but I still question it. I don't think that your interests are profoundly odd.

I think that this topic is a little juvenile. The idea is good but you use a seemingly trivial example to bring it to life.

Edit:I like the quote. I don't like your example.
OP LoliT 2 / 9  
ok so the idea of the quote, or the idea of not maturing to not stoop to enemy's level is good?

ok so use the quote, do different example, put my source in there as well. ok. thank you! Ill go work on changing that now.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
"He who kills monsters should see that he himself does not become a monster when one looks long into the abyss the abyss looks into you".

Identify the source of the quotation within your first paragraph.
OP LoliT 2 / 9  
as like, little summaries of possible essays for the quote, which of these, if any at all, work?

tired of being judged so i begin to judge people (judging like, this is their bad quality they should change it) but not changing myself for the better. so i begin to self inspect( i forgot the word for it).

turning from being bullied to becoming a bully of sorts, to trying to find a balance.

i really love this quote, and want to use it, but i fear i dont have enough like, expiriences to go with this quote and i shoudl try another one.

Home / Undergraduate / Not Becoming My Enemy? (Princeton Supplemental Essay Topic, 500 Words Max)