Becoming the Girl I've Always Wanted To Be--Common App Transfer Essay

Sparkle5506 2 / -  
Here is MY ESSAY for the Common APP Transfer Prompt! Basically Why do I want to Transfer and what do I hope to achieve at another institution.

I went off to the city for college in September 2013. My major was Business Management with the intentions of pursuing an MBA and career in finance. After my first semester in the city, I had become diagnosed with clinical depression, anxiety, and pseudoseizures. The illness had stemmed from past years of bullying, and dealing with the changes of college. I made my journey back home and enrolled for the spring semester at Bergen Community College. My first year of college was an obstacle for me because of my mental illness and learning how to deal with it. I do not want to make this a sob story because it's not at all. Challenges are not sent to destroy a person but are sent to promote, inspire, and strengthen that person. My first year of college was my challenge and I was able to overcome that. My health is no longer an obstacle that will get in the way of becoming the woman I have always wanted to be.

During the summer of 2014, I had my "Aha!" moment. I decided that finance and business was not the route for me. Through taking some classes in Communications, I found my calling and passion, which is mass media and journalism. I film, produce, and edit videos for my YouTube channel. I designed and developed my own professional website and blog. My blog and YouTube channel focus on beauty, fashion, and celiac disease. As a philanthropist, I became the Founding President of the Teens Living with Celiac Foundation. The Teens Living with Celiac Foundation was able to become a 501(c ) 3 non profit organization through funds I was awarded in 2011 from the Scholastic Inc. 2011 BE BIG In Your Community Contest. The Teens Living with Celiac Foundation inspires, supports, and connects teens with celiac disease across the state of New Jersey and the United States. My interest in Communications & Media has taken me from establishing a nonprofit organization to developing my own website and filming YouTube videos.

My mother went to Bergen Community College and graduated with an Associates Degree in Psychology. She then furthered her education at Rutgers University. Following her footsteps was coincidental, but attending Bergen Community College has been the best decision I have ever made, thus far. Through my three semesters at Bergen Community College, I have been able to find my passion for Communications & Media. However, my time at Bergen has come to its end. I must reach my full potential of my investment in post-secondary education, which means moving beyond Bergen Community College. Bergen Community has been my foundation towards a better education. Bergen has prepared with the skills, tools, and values needed to persist onward to a four -year institution. I am ready to uncover the benefits of a fulfilling college experience, with the opportunities necessary to develop into the person I desire to be. I desire to be a well-rounded, educated, cultured, and popular TV personality. My passion for change, diversity, and strong skills in communications & interest in media will guide me to a Bachelors Degree in Communications.
hunhann 6 / 23  
Your essay should have opening paragraph and ending one to show the readers what you want to say and how you end it. It's much better if you have them.

Home / Undergraduate / Becoming the Girl I've Always Wanted To Be--Common App Transfer Essay