I begin to reminisce back to my freshman year; place perfectly content.

Dan13 2 / 2  
Could you make corrections on what i have?

As I sit in the stands feasting my eyes upon the beauty that lies ahead of me, I begin to reminisce back to my freshman year. Trying to fulfill the too big a pair of shoes my parents bought me, I walk in with confidence, only to be let down by myself. That was the year I experienced my first sense of failure. My main goal was to find the place I most belonged and I didn't achieve it, which led me to keep persevering. Without this minor setback, I would have never found the thing that most makes me happy, Marching Band

The roaring of the crowd settles my thoughts back in the abyss of my brain. The next band comes on, marching perfectly insync with one another and it is here, at this very mom where I realize I am perfectly content.
Anumeha 7 / 13 2  
As I sit in the stands feasting my eyes upon the beauty that lies ahead of me, I begin to reminisce to Freshman year. Trying to fulfill the too big a pair of shoes my parents bought me, I walk in with confidence, only to be let down by myself. * I don't really understand what this is trying to say, and also how does it relate to the overall paragraph?*

That was the year I experienced my first sense of failure. My main goal was to find the place I most belonged and I didn't achieve it, which led me to keep persevering. *I yearned to find a place where I truly belonged, but could not seem to find my niche. This minor setback, however, pushed me to persevere.* Without it, I would have never found * the one thing that truly makes me happy: Marching Band.

The roaring of the crowd settles my thoughts back in the abyss of my brain.* Not really sure what this means* The next band comes on, marching perfectly insync with one another and it is here, at this very moment, where I realize I am perfectly content.
jdg 1 / 7  
I would definitely start with the image of that moment when you knew that marching band was where you belonged - that you were perfectly content - then go into the more detailed stuff. You want to catch the reader's attention first.

Home / Undergraduate / I begin to reminisce back to my freshman year; place perfectly content.