'I believe I can become the best graphic designer in the world' - SAIC Essay

yeanacho 1 / -  
I didn't know it was going to change my whole new future. When I started clicking and editing, I was 12 years old. I wasn't one of those Asians who like to solve and experiment. Unlike other usual girls, I was more into computers. I loved to Photoshop all day and make my own art work. I didn't need any judgment from somebody, because all I needed was my own satisfaction. When I started hearing people telling me that I should be a designer, I decided to go to School of the Art Institute of Chicago.

I believe in myself to become a best graphic designer in the entire world. I am artistic and creative, and I have self-confident. I tell people that I am good at designing, because I know I can do it. Perhaps the real world is tough and hard for me, I know I can survive and go through it. I was timid and wasn't confident at all through my sophomore year. I didn't know what I was going to do in the future. I didn't even know what college I am going to apply and major in. I had no idea what I wanted to do, and I found my way out to become a real world person.

When I moved to Illinois from Virginia, I changed. I mean changed in a good way. I became more communicative with people unlike before. There were some cons about it, getting less focused in school, but I don't ever regret moving here because I found the true myself, such an artistic and creative person. I met thousands of people, and getting to know more about people. I volunteered at Chicago Korean Festival in 2011 and 2012 summer, and I think it helped and changed me. Since I was volunteering, I needed to advertise and talk to people about the festival, and somehow, I was very confident about talking to the strangers somehow. I didn't mumble nor pause while I was talking. I talked like I've been known them for years. I met a lot of people from The School of The Art Institute Of Chicago, so I started to be interesting about SAIC.

I never knew I was good at Photoshop nor graphic designing. It was just hobby for me, not a future career. When I started to meet new people, I started to realizing how people are amazed about my art work and telling me to go to The School of The Art Institute Of Chicago. My work is not perfect, but I know I work really hard as it's going to be my last work. I want my art to be unique and unordinary. I want people to see who I am by just looking at my art. I try to represent me by Photoshop, not by how I look like. I had tons of research about SAIC, and I know The School of The Art Institute Of Chicago is for me.

I am going to take this opportunity as it's going to change my whole future. I have this passion about being part of The School of The Art Institute Of Chicago, and I am sure I am ready to challenge. I am applying to SAIC because I know SAIC is for me.
linmark 2 / 328 7  
Hey yeanacho!
Wow, clicking since your were 12!! How cool is that! You definitely convinced me that you know what you want (to be the greatest graphic designer, to go to SAIC), are self-confident and determined to succeed. OK - so enough about you. Now put yourself in the shoes of the Adcom, why should they believe you just because you do. Can you give some examples (besides your own self-assessment?) What graphic art did you feel was the most representative of your greatness? How did this have external impact on others? Did you get any outside recognition? Has your work been published or sold?

One minor observation: You ended 3/4 paragraphs with the overall same phrase School of the Art Institute of Chicag. Try some sentence variation - repetition does not help to convince!! (excerpts quoted:)

- I had tons of research about SAIC, and I know The School of The Art Institute Of Chicago is for me.
- I have this passion about being part of The School of The Art Institute Of Chicago, and I am sure I am ready to challenge. I am applying to SAIC because I know SAIC is for me.

Home / Undergraduate / 'I believe I can become the best graphic designer in the world' - SAIC Essay