I believe in the power of art and the capacity of creative expression

viocity 1 / -  
This is an Elaboration on an Extracirricular Activity, an essay for the Common App. Any comments are appreciated!

I believe in the power of art and the capacity of creative expression.

As a student of the arts, I have had the privilege to be involved in the visual arts through my school's National Art Honor Society club (NAHS) and Conservatory of the Arts program for the past 4 years. This year, I am the president of NAHS.

As the leader of NAHS, I can proudly say that our influence is in our school, community, and the world. It's a win-win. In our school, we encourage our artists to step out and work together; we partner with other clubs, often finding that they need some kind of creative injection. In our community, we have done things like facepainting for kids and murals for hospitals. We are also partnering with the Abolitionist Society to create a display for a local modern-day slavery convention. In the world, we've created art that has been auctioned to fund mission trips and projects to support kids in South Africa. Through NAHS, I have positively impacted the lives of others with something I love to do.

I know I'm not the best artist. I haven't won any major accolades or sold any works for outrageous sums. But my greatest prize is the ability to use my gifts and passions for the good of others...and in the long run, that is what is worth the most.
sillyxo 1 / 3  
Thats great, keep doing what you are doing!

Home / Undergraduate / I believe in the power of art and the capacity of creative expression