Why you, Why me Beloit app essay

Leynorboard 6 / 16  
prompt: what should the Admissions Committee look for in you, beyond your transcript and scores, and why is Beloit among your college choices?

The Beloit college and I seem to be a perfect pair. Every need I have, the college can fulfill, and every demand the college has, I can respond. You attract what you are and my searching led me to Beloit. I see myself at Beloit for three main reasons, The environment, the variety of academics, and the academic challenge it presents.

Though I grew up in Chicago Illinois, Wisconsin has been a second home for me. My grandparents built a cabin on a lake in Wisconsin where my family would go to to

get away. My fondest memories lay in Wisconsin. When people think of a getaway they'll think of a tropical place, but I think of the woods, the cliffs, the outdoor serene that Wisconsin holds, that Beloit has.

However, I also believe it is crucial to leave your comfort zone in order to grow. The fact that Beloit offers over thirty international programs is one of the most attractive offers. Being able to travel to get an education is a testing and a perspective changing experience, that I long for. The international programs is just a piece of the wide variety of academics the college offers. I love that I would be able to take a French class and Arabic class and then classes in architecture and theater later in the day. Beloit will feed my curiosity and quench my desires, giving me the ability to learn so much more.

Along with an expansive focus, I have an inner drive to challenge myself. I need a place where i can truly invest and harness my gifts. Beloit has that keen academic rigor and variety I seek in order to test my potential and expand my horizons.

My aim is to grow and to learn, not to just get that degree, to get that job. I believe Beloit will give me true knowledge and true experience that i feel is key to a quality life. I am excited to attend Beloit.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
When people think of a getaway they'll think of a tropical place, but I think of the woods, the cliffs, the outdoor serene that Wisconsin holds,everythingthat Beloit has.

I lovethe factthat I would be able to take a French class and Arabic class and then classes in architecture and theater later in the day. ... The second half of the sentence doesn't seem to come out right. I've been thinking of ways to make it ok but can't come up with anything. :/
OP Leynorboard 6 / 16  
yeah i thought that too about the first paragraph, would this help> The first thing that led me to Beloit is its location. Though I grew up in Chicago, Illinois,... or i could just talk about its study body and 12:1 student ratio
proberts 2 / 6 1  
I think it would definitely improve it and make it flow a bit better. Put it in and try. Also I find that reading my essays outloud multiple time really help. Weirdly though I also try and speak I different ways so I can hear how it would sound to others.

Home / Undergraduate / Why you, Why me Beloit app essay