BENNINGTON/supplement/running list/ short answer

serdarovez 10 / 33 3  
I have 3 short answers,

How did you first hear about Bennington College? Please be specific.
I found a list of colleges, which was hanging on the wall at Mary American Corner that met full financial-need, made a research online and decided that best one for me is Bennington.

The Office of Admissions keeps a running reading list. If you could contribute one book to the list, what would it be and why?
Ruhnama will be my choice as it is represents the basis of my nation's arts and literature, Turkmen culture, tradition and history. Written by our first president S. Niyazov. It will impact on the diversity of Bennington and give an image of what my country is about.

For seven weeks each winter Bennington students take their interests to the world, participating in an annual internship period called Field Work Term. Please tell us about a business or organization whose work fascinates you or with whom you might like to work.

I would like to take internship in a City Hall which would benefit my future. I want to improve my city and country. I will start from my City Hall. I learned from visiting Cincinnati City Hall; my country's system must be modified. I am interested in Turner Construction Company or U.S. Green Building Council as they build or review green technology buildings which my county needs specialists in.

What attracts you to Bennington College?. (300 characters)

One thing I Love it ,the cooperation between the faculty and undergraduate students, the sense of community, and the flexible, interdisciplinary nature of the curriculum, opportunity for international students for need based scholarship,it is amazing.

Is this one good ? can you check my grammar too please,
Feel free to add something... :)

Any critics are WELCOME :) espacially for secon one :)
(@_@)
katev 18 / 120 24  
On the wall of Mary American Corner (what's this?), I found a list of colleges that met full financial need. I researched these schools online and decided that Bennington is the best college for me.

I would add Ruhnama by our first president, S. Niyazov. This book represents the basis of my nation's arts and literature as well as Turkmen culture, tradition, and history. Ruhnama would impact the diversity of Bennington and would give a glimpse of what my country is like.

I would like to work with City Hall, as I want to improve my city and country (which city/country?) . As I learned from my visit to Cincinnati City Hall, my country's system must be modified (this is too vague) . I am also interested in Turner Construction Company or the U.S. Green Building Council, as they create green technology buildings which my country lacks.

For your last answer, depending on what country you mean, you need to show how you'll make an impact on America. If you do want to work with Turkey (?), then say something like the knowledge that you gain at Bennington will help you help your country.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
1)How did you first hear about Bennington College? Please be specific.
Your answer to this question is good, but if word limit allows, add more to it. why did you decide it was the best (besides financial aid) and what exactly is so attractive about the college (ex. the city it is in, the activities/campus life, degree programs)

2) I think the second one is good. You should probably write one more sentence in that section, maybe say something that the book reveals that is an interesting fact.

3) I would like to take internship in a City Hall which would benefit my future. I want to improve my city and country. I will start from my City Hall. I learned from visiting Cincinnati City Hall; my country's system must be modified.

This might sound better: "I am interested in being an intern at a City Hall. I intend to work there in order to improve the future of my city and country. I can use what I learn from interning to create modifications to my country's political system."
OP serdarovez 10 / 33 3  
Jennyflower81
I am interested in being an intern at a City Hall. I intend to work there in order to improve the future of my city and country. I can use what I learn from interning to create modifications to my country's architectural system. I am also interested in Turner Construction Company or U.S. Green Building Council as they build or review green technology buildings which my country needs specialists in

how is this one ?
jakk1994 2 / 22 2  
"Ruhnama will be my choice as it is represents the basis of my nation's arts and literature, Turkmen culture, tradition and history. Written by our first president S. Niyazov. It will impact on the diversity of Bennington and give an image of what my country is about."

You could say it better: Ruhnama, written by our first president S. Niyazov, would be my book choice. The literary and artistical representation of Turkmen culture that it would bring would be an invaluable tool to Bennington College as it would help further make Bennington a diverse college in terms of culture.

Help with my essay?

Home / Undergraduate / BENNINGTON/supplement/running list/ short answer