'the best institution to begin my studies' - University of Toronto engineering

Mattman 1 / 1  
This is for acceptance into engineering at the University of Toronto.

What has inspired you to pursue an engineering degree and why would you like to study at the University of Toronto?
What skills have you developed through your extra-curricular experiences that will support your future success as both a student and an engineer?

Today's world is one of rapid technological growth and innovation. It amazes me how far civilization has come; from crafting knives out of stone to constructing incredibly intricate structures only nanometers in size. I began to think if there were any limits to what people can accomplish; if there would be a point when we can say that we have truly done it all. It was this thought that ignited my desire in pursuing an engineering degree.

I have always wanted to go above and beyond what I learned in school or at home. This need grew as I entered high school and was introduced to many aspects of engineering through various mathematics and science courses. Discussions with my physics teacher, a former engineer himself, made me realize the wonder and intricacy behind the function of everyday objects we take for granted. I began applying what was taught in class to my everyday life and was surprised how much could be done with a few simple concepts and equations; from understanding the forces behind motion to transferring momentum from one object to another. I feel that an engineering degree will help me combine the beauty of nature with the elegance of human innovation and give me the tools to improve society as a whole.

I need to be a part of a society that encourages creativity and outside the box thinking in all of its students, and I feel the University of Toronto is the best choice to aid me in my personal and academic growth with this respect. I want to be challenged, both as a prospective engineer and member of the community to be an integral part of society. From the highly regarded interdisciplinary education to the opportunity of academic advancement, I know that the University of Toronto can offer me exactly what I need to become a successful engineer in the future.

Outside of the classroom, I have developed many skills necessary to succeed. As a volunteer for the Canadian Cancer Society, I was put in charge of supervising the assembly of volunteer kits for a Daffodil Day even the organization was holding for cancer awareness and research. I was an integral member of the team, as I would have been held responsible if any of the other volunteers made a mistake. This taught me leadership skills, as well as how to motivate and encourage a group of people. I learned how to be strict when needed, but also empathize when anyone was faced with difficulty. I know that I can apply this skill to any situation that I would be faced studying engineering. When working on a team, I believe it is vital for one member to take charge and help coordinate the team, and I feel that with the skills I acquired, I can be that person.

The University of Toronto is the best institution to begin my studies as an engineer. I feel that the opportunities presented are unmatched by anybody in terms of quality and number, and I cannot wait to be exposed to it all.

Thank you very much to anyone who reads and offers feedback, I really appreciate it.
Very impressive start. I like your intro.

I feel that an engineering degree will help me combine the beauty of nature with the eleganceboldness of human innovation and give methat would equip me with the tools to improve society as a whole. ------------- Beautiful sentence. I gave these suggestions for your consideration only.

I need to be a part of a society that encourages creativity and outsideout of the box thinking in all of its students, and I feel the University of Toronto is the best choice toaid me in my personal and academic growth within this respect that would help me with both my personal and academic growth.

Outside of the classroom, I have developed many skills necessary to succeed.

I learned how to be strict when neededrequired , but also empathizeempathetic when anyone was faced with difficulty

You've done a good job. GOOD LUCK!!
OP Mattman 1 / 1  
Thank you very much, i appreciate your kind words.

I like you're suggestions, and i have changed implemented them.

Home / Undergraduate / 'the best institution to begin my studies' - University of Toronto engineering