Best UGrad Eng Prog by US New ranking; U Maryland-Engineering / Academic Exp, Reasons

ILIFILZA 1 / 1  
Please describe your past academic experiences and your reasons for wishing to enroll to Maryland at this point in your academic career. Students who have been out of school for several years, or who have a personal circumstance that affected performance, may wish to address that situation in their essay. Your essay should be no more than 300 words.*

University of Maryland College Park, this name had captured my eyes as I went through the list of Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs (2011) by US News Rankings. This university is one of the top schools for engineering programs in the States. It matters most to me because I've been dreaming of studying in a place where the quality of education is high with a competitive environment.

I have a deep interest to major in Computer Engineering even though it is a male-dominated major. I was one of the top students in my high school and graduated with CGPA 3.90. During high school times, I was appointed as a mentor to help my classmate to excel in Additional Mathematics and Biology subjects. I am definitely a risk-taker who enjoys challenges and hands-on experiences.

I am attracted to doing Engineering in University of Maryland because I believe in interesting and challenging learning environment. Computing is the subject which adapts the application of critical thinking and I could imagine that the lecturers in the universities are very knowledgeable with such learning system. I believe this university will encourage me to deliver my ideas well and to expertise in computing that enables me to solve multidimensional problems.

With many awards, I believe that this university could help me to engage with the world better. Having an ambition to be a computer engineer who could design a tablet for the blind people and perhaps work with the Apple Inc., A. James Clark School of Engineering, would be the best gateway for me to earn my solid foundations of the

computer system and software.

As a whole, I believe that University of Maryland is unquestionably the university that I look up to. It would definitely fulfill my dreams of getting a holistic, fun yet challenging education environment with an international diversified community.
serdarovez 10 / 33 3  
I think you shouldn't put numbers in here because they can see them in other parts of application (just my opinion)
graduated with CGPA 3.90

Also i think you should work some more on your hook

Overall nice written essay

Good luck with your application.
OP ILIFILZA 1 / 1  
thanks , i'll do some improvements. it's quite difficult because english is not my native language :) i appreciate all the comments .

Home / Undergraduate / Best UGrad Eng Prog by US New ranking; U Maryland-Engineering / Academic Exp, Reasons