Which is the better way to write? Prompt 1-UC Essay

tran1200 1 / -  
Prompt 1: Describe the world you come from - for example, your family, community or school - and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.

I plan to write in my personal statement about how my world ( community and family) has affected my decision to become a pharmacist. For the structure, should I write about the community and how it affects me, then the family and how it affects me; or I should write about the community and family, and then how they all affect my decision?

I also want to add a paragraph about how did I overcome the hardships (immigrated student and first generation goes to college) to achieve my goal. Do I go off the topic I plan to make?

Thanks a lot for your helping.
Llamapoop123 7 / 442  

This would be a good part of your essay if you can relate it well enough. I don't see how overcoming the obsticles of an immigrant would directly bring you closer to becoming a pharmacist.
tal105 7 / 130  
they always say general to specific. which one is more general to u? community or family? seems as if community would have a more general effect so write about that 1st, then write about ur family (specific.

then the thing about immigrant, it seems as if it would be REALLY random. its one of those things that you either start off talking about being an immigrant and roll with it, or you just leave it out, b.c. i dont ever see how it could possibly work in.

O! unless you could do something like "my family has even helped me get through the toughness of being an immigrant. one time when i was in school some ple said "write something not so nice here." my family told me ...

but other than that iw ould leave it out maybe?

Home / Undergraduate / Which is the better way to write? Prompt 1-UC Essay