"bienvenidos a los Estados Unidos" - CARE program at Florida State University

Medinapaula204 1 / 1  
Raised as the youngest daughter out of two brothers and sisters arriving at the airport to hear "bienvenidos a los Estados Unidos" at the age of six with two amazing parents hoping to start a new life for the "American Dream" so their children can receive a high demanding education to achieve their goals has driven me to do my best in any challenge, community activity, and academics. The CARE program will set me off to a good start as of pursuing my goal and entering college.

Some people have dreams, I have a goal. With an ambition to succeed and accomplish a change in the world. Not everything in life has come easy to me but I've learned to live with it and work through the challenge for a better outcome. The inspiring stories of students who are and have been involved with the Summer Bridge Program at Florida State University has motivated me to achieve my goals at a higher level. Just the thought that Coming from a small school and getting used to knowing the staff and students to soon I'll be moving into a new environment from small classes to having up to a hundred kids in one class can be nerve racking. Although having in my back the experience of going away from home to Outward bound trips in Key Largo, Sailing, Colorado, Hiking and rafting for weeks with people all over the country which I meet the same day I arrived at the course gives me confidence that I can adapt anywhere. Even after all this it still doesn't mean I won't need help when I get to college, I know for a fact I'll be asking for the most help I can get.

The opportunity of meeting the staff, touring the campus, and Participating in cultural enrichment activities before entering college amazes me. Knowing that through college I'll have a support team that will back me up in my education and lead me to success encourages me to learn more and strive deeper for my goal. As the senior class and National Honor Society president in my high school allows me to become determined in becoming a leader in the community and the world. Having the privilege of meeting student leaders and representatives of student organizations in Florida State University gives me the push to learn more about the character these students demonstrate on an everyday basis.

All the techniques and communication skills I've learned throughout the Licensed Practical Nursing Program, as of being with patients in the hospital or two years with the same classmates has developed me to get to know every person that comes my way and learn to deal with different personalities that don't match mine. The idea of having fun and making lifelong friends excites me, to be able to be in a college I have a true passion of receiving a degree while at the same time have a college experience with the friends I'll meet throughout the CARE Summer Bridge Program.

As a high school student I am discipline in my work ethic, academic high school classes and Licensed Practical Nursing Program. My motive is to always make a difference in a person's life either something small or big. Joining the Summer Bridge Program lets me contribute my characteristics to not just the members of the program but also to the school. Focus on bettering myself, beyond what my parents have accomplished, motivates me to complete both high school and a college master's degree at Florida State University.
Capitalize:
...to hear "Bienvenidos a los Estados Unidos" at the ...

Some people have dreams; I have a goal. I hav e an ambition to succeed and accomplish a change in the world. Not everything in life has come easy easily to me, but...

... encourages me to learn more and strive deeper continuously toward my goal.

Use a pair of dashes to help manage this long sentence:
All the techniques and communication skills I've learned throughout the Licensed Practical Nursing Program -- being with patients in the hospital or spending two years with the same classmates -- has have developed taught me to get to know every person that comes my way and learn to deal with different personalities that don't match mine.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "bienvenidos a los Estados Unidos" - CARE program at Florida State University