Being the Biggest Brother - Personal Statement - My world

eegii0123 3 / 4  
Being the Biggest Brother

While I was sitting around the table on the first morning of the New Lunar Year with my whole family, I noticed that people change over time. They get older. Once a young college freshman is now holding her newborn and singing lullaby. A beautiful wife who once carried me on her back is now a pensioner with freckles on her face. Time is going by.

Being the first born of the new generation of family is a momentous thing that rarely happens. Perhaps that's why I pondered about it before my brothers and sisters did. I still think about the very moment I was born and cried for the first time, how a mother and father became grandparents, how a sister and brother became an aunt and an uncle. And, how a young boy and a girl became my parents. When you are born as the first child of the family, it means that everybody gets a new title (father, mother, uncle) and you, brand-new, enjoy everyone's love fully.

But, now I face some obstacles as I enter adulthood. Thinking about how things will change, sometimes I fear what is coming next. What will people think when I leave my parents' house or have a child? No one in my generation has gone through such big events before. Ultimately, I am the one who has to pave the way. After I have overcome these big times in my life, it will be much easier for other youngs in my household to endure. As a big brother, role model, for my younger family members, I can help them make good choices in their own lives by preceding everything they will go through. These thoughts led me to glimpse the future of my family as we gathered around the table that morning of "New Year".

In the end, the most compelling stories exist in the reality around us. How you see, understand and portray the reality is storytelling. That is why I dream to become a storyteller.
cookie234 5 / 10 3  
Being the first born of the new generation of family is a momentous thing thatrarely happens=> I just can't get it.
.I'm sorry as I can't find any small mistakes in your story. Anyway I really love your story, just keep moving.
kerry2654 13 / 37 12  
While I was sitting around the table on the first morning of the New Lunar Year with my whole family, I noticed that people change over time. They get older. Once a young college freshman is now holding her newborn and singing lullaby. A beautiful wife who once carried me on her back is now a pensioner with freckles on her face. Time is going by. - could you add more examples of how your family changed? or does the word count limit you?

I feel like you can expand more, especially in the second paragraph. What is being the first born like? What are the exact obstacles you face? How does being the first born translate to you wanting to be a storyteller?

Home / Undergraduate / Being the Biggest Brother - Personal Statement - My world