'The Blank Sheet of Paper' - about Extracurricular Activities

Joel2012 1 / 1  
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum).

Hey everybody, I need some help on this common app essay. I'm submitting this essay on Nov. 1 to my selected college and I need some help. I already have the first two paragraphs finished and now I need help on my concluding paragraph and any other changes needed in the essay. I would greatly appreciate it.

The Blank Sheet of Paper

Its starts with a sharpen pencil, and a clean sheet of paper. I let my thoughts run down my arm, hand, and through the pencil and onto the paper. I let my pencil do all of the expressing. It lets me create a world of my imagination onto the paper. The blank paper is nothing without the artist, without any imagination and talent it will remain a blank sheet of paper.

Drawing is an escape for me; it relaxes the mind and calms the body to focus so as I sit in my room, I look for a main subject to gestate onto the paper. I start to draw a few thumbnails of the subject before I begin the rough draft. Next, I use the table as the background, the wooden carvings and rings give me more ideas for details like cross-hatching or stumbing. The fresh paint beside me gives me ideas for colors. I decide on blood red, midnight black and smoky grey. I figure out where I want to put the colors for the main subject. After I am satisfied with my finished sketch I make last minute changes to the rough draft before I start on my final draft on a clean poster board.

Without the artist and an imagination the paper would have remain a blank sheet of paper. I let
alaboy4ik 2 / 4  
I let my thoughts run down my arm, hand, and through the pencil onto the paper.

It lets me create the world of my imagination onto the paper.

The blank paper is worth nothing without the artist, any imagination and talent. In other words, it will remain just a blank sheet of paper.

Then, I use the table as the background: the wooden carvings and rings give me more ideas for details like cross-hatching or stumbing.

The fresh paint beside me gives the ideas for colors.

After having been satisfied with my finished sketch, I make last minute changes to the rough draft before I start on my final draft on a clean poster board.

Without the artist and imagination, the paper would have remained a blank sheet of paper.
James1993 1 / 2  
Thank you, I still help on my conclusion papragraph. Im having trouble on that, if any can help me I really appreciate
OP Joel2012 1 / 1  
EDits of the Common Application. I still need help with the concluding the paragraph. Im currently at 950 characters (with no spaces) and 1,179 characters (with spaces). The max is a 1000, characters I dont know if thats with no spaces or with spaces? But any help with the ESSAY will greatly be appreicated.

The Blank Sheet of Paper
Its starts with a sharpen pencil, and a clean sheet of paper. I let my thoughts run down my arm, hand, and through the pencil onto the paper. I let my pencil do all of the expressing. It lets me create the world of my imagination onto the paper. The blank paper is worth nothing without the artist, any imagination and talent. In other words, it will remain a blank sheet of paper.

Drawing is an escape for me; it relaxes the mind and calms the body to focus so as I sit in my room, I look for a main subject to gestate onto the paper. I start to draw a few thumbnails of the subject before I begin the rough draft. Then, I use the table as the background: the wooden carvings and rings give me more ideas for details like cross-hatching or stumbing. The fresh paint beside me gives me the ideas for colors. I decide on blood red, midnight black and smoky grey. I figure out where I want to put the colors for the main subject. After having been satisfied with my finished sketch, I make last minute changes to the rough draft before I start on my final draft on a clean poster board.

Home / Undergraduate / 'The Blank Sheet of Paper' - about Extracurricular Activities