'the block program, the mountains' - How did you learn about Colorado College and why

estherfm 3 / 5  
All input welcome, thanks!

My introduction to Colorado College was through a friend I met on an online forum. It was the fall
of 2010, and I was on a post-high school trip around the United States to visit family. I had come
to Colorado Springs to see my mother's cousins, and while I was there I spent some time with my
friend (name deleted to preserve privacy), a sophomore at Colorado College. I visited the campus and sat in on a
robotics class with her, and she explained the block program and her experiences as a student.

When I began to consider attending college, my biggest fear was that I would not be able to
juggle numerous courses, tests, and assignments. Colorado College's block program will allow me
to focus on a single subject without distraction from other courses, which I believe will enable me
to get the most out of every course. The added benefits of small class size and no time limit on
any given lesson eliminates something that annoyed me as a high school student: class discussion
will be both possible and pleasant, and there will be no need to cut discussion short because of
schedule constraints.

Additionally, I had fallen in love with Colorado Springs during my visit; the mountains, the crisp
air so unlike the heavy city air I was used to, and the sheer beauty of my surroundings enamored
me. I am considering taking courses in environment, and the area around Colorado Springs is
perfectly suited to my interests. During my visit I was especially impressed by the rock
formations at Garden of the Gods; I would love to be able to study them as a student at Colorado
College.

I am applying to Colorado College as an early applicant because I am sure that Colorado College is
right for me. I think that the block program will enable me to achieve better academic results
than I would at any other college, and I believe that the beautiful environment in which the
campus is situated will inspire and accelerate my learning process.
ibsurd2012 1 / 9  
Congrats, the essay seems to answer the prompt, and the personal voice is clearly distinguishable. I hope that this essay brings you much success in your application. Please do not hesitate to ask for more help.

Home / Undergraduate / 'the block program, the mountains' - How did you learn about Colorado College and why