My blog - extracurricular activities essay - Undergrad College Application

peachyfrenchfry 2 / 5  

Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences

. (50-150 words)

I like talking to people. And I like to thrift-shop.
Through my blog, I have been able to intertwine my two passions to create blog posts to raise awareness regarding the destruction that fast-fashion is causing to our environment and to advocate for thrift-shopping as a means to reduce our carbon footprint.

My blog is also an avenue for me to connect with a greater community of environmentally conscious minds and since I care deeply about connecting with others, I'm really grateful that I get to work towards a common goal as part of a team. Knowing that through my writings, my fellows have been inspired not to just commit to sustainability themselves but to advocate for it along with me, encourages me to stay on a lookout for research opportunities and seminars through which I can learn to contribute to this cause at a more significant level.
Knowing that through my writings,

You need to offer a more solid evidence of you and your blog as influencers. You speak of being a person who enjoys communicating and successfully enacting changes based on your beliefs. There is no information present in the statement to support this claim. I believe this element can be better represented in a new, more integrated response. One that uses 75 words to explain what your blog is about and the other 75 words, to offer supporting evidence of the positive effects it has brought to you and those you interact with via your blog. It does not have to be a 50/50 word split. The word presentation is up to you. I am merely offering a suggestion, not set in stone. Your draft is on the right track, You just need better presentation development.
OP peachyfrenchfry 2 / 5  
Merged:

Sustainability in the fashion industry - Extracurricular activities essay

Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experience (50-150 words)

Sustainability but make it fashion - said a poster at a seminar I attended regarding sustainability in the fashion industry. No doubt the idea of textile manufactured solely from waste caught my attention but how many of us would be able to afford a 300$ tee-shirt to help save the environment?

By sharing my concerns regarding the proposed revolution on my blog, I was able to collaborate with other bloggers to work on an idea I came up with to solve the problem at hand: To make sustainability fashion yet affordable. By combining the API inventories of collaborating second-hand stores, we were able to develop a basic app allowing people to thrift-shop with ease, therefore promoting circularity in fashion. To tackle the damage that the fast-fashion industry has been causing to our environment for decades, we will have to be creative so to save our environment from utter destruction.

Home / Undergraduate / My blog - extracurricular activities essay - Undergrad College Application