Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Bloomfield college entrance essay- Self recommendation

Eyantunen 1 / -  
Hello everybody, I've been struggling with an essay topic lately which, although simple, is broad and I need direction to go with the essay. Please give suggestions on things i should change or where i should lead the essay. It is a first draft.

The topic is: Write your own recommendation. What makes you different from other applicants? Evaluate your strengths and weaknesses.

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow" Ralph Waldo Emerson. From my perspective, the meaning behind these words is what drives humanity towards improvement. As a senior in high school, I see no better time than now to live by these words. As college slowly rises upon the horizon, I envision a bright future at Bloomfield College.

Coming from another country, hardship is no stranger to my family. As long as I can remember, my mother has supported my family alone, due to my father's tragic death when I was an infant. Leaving Russia was perhaps the riskiest move that my mother may have taken, but it was done to ensure a better future for me than what could have been if I had remained there. We had arrived in the United States with only thirteen dollars, but through great struggle and perseverance my mother managed to give me a good start in America. Thus, I learned about strength through these hardships, where overcoming them only makes you stronger. From these struggles comes my great desire to continue an education.

Since high school started, I have also tried to diversify my interests and branch out into various clubs that are offered within the school. Beginning with Polish club freshman year, I decided that I needed to try out for different clubs and see if I like them. Now, I have been in the Drama society for two years and have been cast as leads and supporting characters while lending my hand backstage when opportunity arose. Overall, I found that I enjoy theatre because I had decided to try something new and followed through with it. In Bloomfield college, those borders are expanded and I have a large selection of activities that are open for me to try.

My interest in medicine has been unyielding through the years, and remains a top goal of mine to become a doctor. Bloomfield would be great because of the good pre-med program offered, at which I feel I would excel.

Home / Undergraduate / Bloomfield college entrance essay- Self recommendation