My book of psalms; Life is a CUP of WATER ! ; COMMON APP

blaq223 1 / - 1  
My book of psalms
Everyone chooses to see life differently for me I see life as a cup of water sometimes a portion is spilled sometimes a portion is added. Great men have said you can either choose to see your cup as half-filled or half empty. I definitely would not say I have seen it all, but I have had my fair share of spills.

As a child I was diagnosed with bad case of genu-valgum commonly known as "knock-knees". Having heard that if it wasn't corrected, it had a 40 percent chance of progressively worsening as I grew older the pity looks I got from my teachers and everyone around me became the least of my worries. Finally my parents decided to approve the procedure, it wasn't an easy experience but now I'm thankful that it happened. The procedure left me unable to properly use my legs for almost 2 years during these 2 years of my life I experienced my first failed marriage. I wasn't really sure what was going on but I remember that I would hear them argue and then I would hear stuff being knocked over in their bedroom, while I stayed on the parlor couch unable to move around or use my legs until helped. I don't really remember much but I remember I stopped seeing her around. At first I taught she went on a work related trip but the time grew and when I would ask my dad about her I was met with a stern look till I stopped asking all together. I was young and as I grew up all I was left with was the negative stories of her my dad would tell. He was mean as needles so I really wasn't adventurous enough to ask him anything outside what he told me so I pretty much hated her.

My dad remarried and as the story went on I had a new sister and I loved my new sister and I loved my new mom. Fortunately or unfortunately my sister had sickle cell anemia and as research has it people diagnosed don't live too long so there was the option of a bone marrow transplant. This was another ladder we were willing to climb to ensure that my little sister survives. During the period of her transplant it was tough watching her loose her hair weight and her complexion so I know it must have been tougher on her. I always wanted to play football in high school but unfortunately for me all this happened during my freshman year so decided to make the sacrifice to be there for her. The only reason it was easy to make that sacrifice because I had gone through something similar in the past and I know how helpless I felt when there was no one around.

When I was 17 I experienced my second failed marriage only this time I knew how to handle it better because it was my second time, I was older and less ignorant and I was able to admit what I didn't want to believe. This time I was more than observant of what was going on. I watched the more than familiar scenes that I had seen before; I started asking questions from my counselor from teachers and from external family. My dad was as abusive man that's why the first marriage failed and that's why the current one was failing and that's why we were never able to communicate with him.

Truly what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. If only we choose to learn from past experiences the only way to go would be up. While liberals and conservatives argue if my cup is half filled or half empty I have drunk it and moved forward. I know now that life knocks you down hard so you can learn to get up again. Sometimes when that glass mirror gets tougher to watch I look back at what I have gone through and realize that there is nowhere left to go but up.
lethicia 2 / 2  
I think that is a very interesting story and it was write well. I only can say that you should improve the punctuation, maybe more commas.

Home / Undergraduate / My book of psalms; Life is a CUP of WATER ! ; COMMON APP