Books, imagination sense/ What intrigues you?

mahmoudjendy 7 / 17  
What intrigues you? Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of communication, or place in the world (a film, book, performance, website, event, location, etc.), and explain its significance to you.1500 character 490 remain what can i add?

When i set on the office and read a book , i feel that i am in another place. i enter in my mind and image what i want. I can imagine the place which the author talk about . In books i can meet anyone even if he died.I met the philosopher dr.mostafa mahmoud in eight of his books. I always hoped to meet him , but he died five years ago. I meet steve jobs too and he told me what he did in his life ,how he started Apple , and how he left it and returned to it again and made the great success . I like reading biographies and personal stories to know who is that person what he did to sucees or what he mistake in to fail . When i turn to the last page. I feel that i am going to leave a great friend especially if the book is big and i stayed a long time reading it . Books are more valuable than tvs . One can set on the front of tv for hours without learning anything new, and he turn off his imagination and brain . one use only eyes and ears for watching tv, but for reading a book one need to use all his senses including his imagination sense.
Anaury 1 / 2  
Try and fix up your grammar a bit. ie. In the first sentence, change 'set' to 'sit', perhaps. Capitalize your 'i's as well. When you said ' if he died', try and make it more general. Men are not the only characters in books. Also, fix the punctuation a bit. The overuse of periods makes it choppy and some of the periods are placed wrong.

One last thing: Make it a bit longer. Elaborate on a specific book that you read that made you elarn things that a tv couldn't help you learn
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
Honestly, I don't think reading is a very interesting extra-curricular activity. Also, you spend so much time talking about what you learn from books, you don't talk about how reading has shaped you as a person at all. And for the other essay prompt, it's asking you for a specific book, and you talk about many.
OP mahmoudjendy 7 / 17  
what i can write about... can i write about one of the experience i got from my volunteering ? but reading shaped me... i think it is the most thing effect on me....
WonderlandPlan 2 / 6 1  
I think you need to talk about something that has changed you in some way, changed how you see the world and how you act. While you have mentioned how reading has been an integral part of your existence, your character and your learning, you haven't talked about how it has shaped you in the context of the world and what it has really done for you with regards to growing as a member of the world, perhaps you could draw that link.

Home / Undergraduate / Books, imagination sense/ What intrigues you?