I was born in the Dominican Republic; Boston University -- General Studies

inesalvarez 1 / -  
****Prompt: In no more than 250 words, please tell us why BU is a good fit for you and what specifically has led you to apply for admission.********

In 1996, I was born in the Dominican Republic to a big loving family. Academically speaking, my parents and siblings are highly educated (up to the master's degree level) and yearly education after leaving school, in two very different fields: my father is quantitatively oriented (economics, mathematics, and political science), and my mother into education and fine arts (originally was a high school teacher and later owned a major art gallery). Therefore, I was exposed to a wide intellectual environment. All of this has translated into one of my major strengths: lots of intellectual curiosity, and a high degree of intellectual independence and self-reliance. I have my own opinions, and though not pushy I often exercise my own criteria in decisions.

Along with my family I have travelled the world and discovered many diverse countries with unique cultures which have helped me grow into the person that I am and seeking to excel and succeed in. I am a student who is eager to learn, especially at a school like Boston University, I would grown intellectually and culturally in the magnificent and historic city of Boston. Knowing who I am, I know that Boston University is the perfect match for me. I am a woman that reaches for intellectual excellence, and I seek to take full advantage of all that Boston University offers me and to embrace all opportunities given in the rich environment of the university and the city of Boston.
fiftyskye 4 / 14  
Honestly, you don't answer neither of the questions of the prompt. WHAT does BU offer that you would take advantage of? And evidently , you didn't answer what led you to choose BU. If you haven't yet, do a little research about BU, in the university's site and write about aspects that you liked. Usually that is what admission officers want to see with this question: if students researched and are really interested in the school.

Any help with mines would be awesome.

Good luck :)
None of these things matter for your answer to "Why BU is a good fit?"
You need to talk about your future goals and how BU would help you achieve them. Do a bit of research on BU and find its features that are aligned with your academic aspirations and goals. This is not at all aligned with what your prompt requests you to write about.

Home / Undergraduate / I was born in the Dominican Republic; Boston University -- General Studies