why BU? ("born and raised in Walnut, California")

uhlyssuh 3 / 2  
I need to cut down around 200 characters. but i'm not too sure as to which parts to take out. also did i follow the directions, does it get the point acrosss?

Students consider many different factors when applying to college. Briefly discuss who or what influenced your decision to apply to Boston University:

I was born and raised in Walnut, California; which is simply a minute extension of Los Angeles. As much as I have grown to love this tiny suburban city, I am ready to start college and Boston University is the perfect place for me to begin this new chapter in my life. Being one of the largest private universities in the heart of cultural diversity and medical innovation, I cannot think of a better university to fulfill my college experience.

In a nutshell, Walnut is the smallest city in Los Angeles County consisting of 32,000 people, sixty percent of the community being of Asian background. The day's activities usually consist of hanging out at the local yogurt bar or shooting hoops at the teen center. After a while every day seems like a broken record, repeating itself over and over again. Boston University would provide me with much needed freedom with its diverse atmosphere and fast lane lifestyle. Boston's reputation as the Athens of America attracts young high school graduates from all over the country, which creates an environment that I can see myself excelling in as a student as well as growing as a person. I am ready to take my first ride on the "T," adopt the Boston Celtics as my home basketball team, and take my place as a Bostonian.

From an academic standpoint, Boston University is the right place for me to pursue my medical career. Boston would allow me to have the medical industry at my fingertips with numerous opportunities for internships and the chance to carry out my dream of becoming a physician. The curriculum for fulfilling the requirements for the pre-med program is flexible enough to let me choose the courses that will benefit me most rather than follow a strict curriculum. Boston University guides you through the process of obtaining your degree, setting up meetings with their students to steer them toward success. Although there are many other colleges in Boston, I believe BU is the only one which accommodates their undergraduates in such a caring and nurturing way, helping them find their niche in all the hustle and bustle of college. I cannot wait to call this college my home away from home.
xduckiex - / 5  
200 CHARACTERS? 200 characters is like literally 2 sentences, just so you know. 200 words is like. a paragraph.
zowzow 10 / 175  
i think he means 200 characters. after all his essay is only about 300-400 words. If it was 200 words, then half his essay would be gone.
xduckiex - / 5  
you mean you think its 200 words not 200 characters? yeah hopefully he means words cause 200 characters is NOTHING.

either way...

"From an academic standpoint" that can be changed to "academically"
zowzow 10 / 175  
i think its 200 characters. I'm not applying to BU but others who are seemed to have written as much as him
xduckiex - / 5  
LOL, guys, characters are like. single letters, spaces, commas, periods. this post is 117 characters right here.
zowzow 10 / 175  
what are you talking about? its 2157 characters with spaces and 372 words. Are you looking at the original essay? not the one that has sections corrected and cut out?
sk8rgal666 2 / 27  
If it really is only 200 characters then it is nearly impossible to get anything across! If it's 200 words than your pretty good to go with what Constance gave you! I would just add monotonous before "broken record" to emphasize your point. =] Good Luck
mad3na90 4 / 6  
LOL. what zowzow and uhlyssa are trying to say is that the author wanted to GET RID OF 200 characters. since it is around 200 characters too long.

"I need to cut down around 200 characters"

to try to get it under 2000 characters, since it is 2157 characters.
EF_Constance - / 143  
Thank you, mad3na90, for the correction. I think that the post was getting off track and not helping, just confusing. So, uhlyssuh, did you get all the help you wanted and needed? Need anything else?

GOOD LUCK ALL!

Home / Undergraduate / why BU? ("born and raised in Walnut, California")