'boys versus girls' - Texas A- Person who has made an impact on your life

sidney007 4 / 10 3  
It was as though we were meant to be best friends forever.Yes "FRIENDS FOREVER" was what was written on that doll's T-shirt,the farewell gift she gave me before I went to London with my family.Hardly did I know that she'd turn out to be so jealous of me when I returned.It hurt,I felt betrayed that so close a friend could hate me so much.That day I built a wall,the strongest wall ever,around me and resolved that I'd never have intimate friendships with anybody.

When I was in the ninth grade,I came across a girl,Mitali,haughty like;she just seemed to proud of herself.I later learnt that she always got the first rank in the whole foyer.

Once we were having a quiz competition in class,it was boys versus girls and Mitali was representing the girls.The somewhat petty quiz turned out to be qite a fierce one.It was a tie till the last point but when Mitali wrongly answered the last question, the boys' team won tears fall.She was crying and to my utter disbelief so was I, as I later realized.

I talked to her the next day,she had joined the same coaching classes for the tenth grade.From then onwards we started sitting together in school and in coaching classes.Mitali, unlike me was very calm and composed.Her witty nature made talks more interesting.I had been wrong in my judgement about her.

Our talks on the phone and in class became regular,I didn't realise I was breaking the wall;or it was probably her breaking the wall.Over the year our friendship grew stronger,we hung out like good friends did, gossiped about our crushes and did everything that best friends usually do.

After tenth grade got over,Mitali's father got a job transfer.I knew I would miss her badly,she left a month after our tenth grade board exams got over.As a farewell gift I bought her another soft toy with "FRIENDS FOREVER"written on it.We still keep in touch and I silently thank her for breaking that wall.

(I am not so sure about the ending.Do I need to put in another para in which I actually write the"INFLUENCE" or is it understood?)hELP!!
It hurts I felt betrayed as I tried to comprehend that how suchso close a close friend could hate me so much.

she just seemed to be so proud of herself

qu ite

It was a tie till the last point but when Mitali wrongly answered the last question, the boys' team won and tears fallwere rolling on her cheeks .
duongnh0602 2 / 5  
I'm still confused of those sentences "Hardly did I know that she'd turn out to be so jealous of me when I returned.It hurt,I felt betrayed that so close a friend could hate me so much.That day I built a wall,the strongest wall ever,around me and resolved that I'd never have intimate friendships with anybody."

Is it related to the rest of the passage? I dont understand that part very well?

Otherwises, your essay is amazing! keep working!

Home / Undergraduate / 'boys versus girls' - Texas A- Person who has made an impact on your life