Branching Out my Roots (My short and long-term goals)

lowcal 12 / 27  
Discuss your short and long-term goals. Are some of them related? Which are priorities?

Its floors are not squeaky clean. About three people, to say the least, either yell or cry in it on a daily basis. To end on a lighter note, it's hardly a place where anyone can label as boring. This chaotic atmosphere defines none other than the typical hospital setting. As intimidating as it may seem, I'm a willing and hoping to mesh into this world in the near future.

My passion lies in helping others in need. I always love to listen and learn about what people have to say. Most importantly, I aspire to take care and better the healths of as many people as I can. After earning a major in either Chemistry or Biology B.S., I plan on applying to medical school in hopes of becoming a doctor specializing in Pediatric Care.

George Bernard Shaw once wrote, "Men are wise in proportion, not to their experience, but to their capacity for experience." Much to that of Shaw's ideal, I apply my life experiences to my future goal. After hearing stories of my Dad's hardship of poor conditions during his childhood years and even witnessing unfortunate children on a winter break trip to Cambodia, I cannot divest away my memories as if they are not important. Thus, as soon as a gain adequate experience in working at a local or even city hospital for a few years, I hope to broaden my horizons towards helping sick children in third world countries.

As for now, I plan to graduate from high school under the Summa Cum Laude title and attend a university that will fit my needs. Due to the previous situations of my Dad being laid off only a few months ago, it will be difficult for me to afford a prestigious university. As a result, I am trying my best in accumulating as my scholarships that I can earn in order to ease the financial burden not only on my parents but also on myself. Once I accomplish my short term goals, I believe that they will be a motivation towards reaching my long term ones. With my hard work and achievements, I strive to make the most of my life and that of others as well.
Ardlley 1 / 4  
Thus, as soon as I gain adequate experience in working at a local or even city hospital for a few years, I hope to broaden my horizons towards helping sick children in third world countries.

I'm a willing and hoping to mesh into this world in the near future.

I liked the entrance.
I think it is stronger without willing:
As intimidating as it may seem, I'm a willing and hoping to mesh into this world in the near future.

Most importantly, I aspire to take care and better the health of as many people as I can.

Perhaps it is better to say you are tentatively focusing on Pediatrics, but you develop new interests so often that you anticipate many areas of special study. Pediatric medicine is very broad...

Great, your last paragraph is quite impressive!

Home / Undergraduate / Branching Out my Roots (My short and long-term goals)