breathtaking landscape/ Diversity/ Easy transition/ Hokie/ Clubs; Why Virginia Tech?

karmalove 4 / 7  
This is my first draft and I need serious help editing and proofreading it.
All help and criticism is welcomed.

What are the top five reasons you want to be a Hokie?
Campus, Union, Diversity, Activities, Opportunities

My dreams lately have been filled with me receiving acceptance letters from every college I have applied to, but one reoccurring one has been Virginia Tech. Why is that? It could be the breathtaking landscape of Blacksburg, which makes me enjoy nature a bit more than most people, would. Its right smack in the middle of Virginia, making travelling between the surrounding states a better experience than living in the middle of nowhere. It could also be the clash of cultures that are present in the campus, making it seem that we are travelling the world without actually leaving "home" The diversity presented at VTech is also quite similar from my high school, which would make the transition much easier. The union of the fellow students on campus is also one that I have yet to see at any other college. It makes a large school like Tech seem so small with everyone appearing like family. One other thing that makes being called a "Hokie" a privilege is the opportunities available; many jobs and communities know Virginia Tech as a well-educated and excellent school, making the future a bit less of a pain for us freshman. Not only that, but the ability to create or find countless number of clubs made any individual fit right in. This leads me to my last and prominent reason: the traditions! Who wouldn't want to be involved in the Ring Dance their junior year? (Change traditions?) These reasons are only a small portion of what 250 words could fit; all I know is that Virginia Tech would be the perfect place for me to grow and learn in my upcoming years as a college student.
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
I think your goal should be less "Why I want to go to VTech" and more "Why is VTech the perfect school for me", emphasis on "me". Why is the scenery important to you? Why do you want to travel between states? What is your high school's diversity like? Also, maybe talk about what kinds of classes or activities you are interested in. Tell them more about you to make this essay seem less generic and more unique.

Home / Undergraduate / breathtaking landscape/ Diversity/ Easy transition/ Hokie/ Clubs; Why Virginia Tech?