The brief of Carnaval - Process analysis essay

hnlt 1 / 1  
After spring comes summer. Most of the Brazilian are busy as a bee for decorating most streets of every state in Brazil that signals a new Carnival season being almost upon them again. "Carnival" literally means "to take away meat". It is an annual festival held during the Friday to the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday which marks the beginning of Lent - in Christian calendar. Carnival is a festival of colors which is transformed into costumes, calypso, floats, steel band music, dance and Caribbean art that attracts innumerable people coming from everywhere on the world to participate in and enjoy the great shows. The biggest & most colorful decoration is in the big cities of Brazil like Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo, called "One of the biggest shows of the Earth".

Traditionally, a tall, fat man is chosen to fulfill the role so as to open up the 4-day celebration because the original King Momo was of that physical stature. Thousands of people booked seats in advance to view the Carnival live, up close and personal. The carnival atmosphere covers every streets when local authority cleans up the streets, makes sure no barriers in main streets where the parades are passing by. The whole city is decorated with colored lights and streamers. Beautiful colors surround the streets making it quite a sight. People work on for months to create intricate and dramatic costumes, which are often inspired by natural symbols in Amazonia or historical figures.

During the festival, everyone pours into the streets. They enjoy themselves with colleagues, friends and relatives before the most significant part of Carnival - the parades commence. The parades include the floats and the costumes which are both handmade, one for each "Samba school". The costume and the float are tied together into one theme. Each school also writes their own song. All of them are tied together into one theme and tell a story. It can be about the history and the custom of Brazil, or even issues in modern society. Therefore in order to understand the meaning of this festival we must look at the acculturation, cultural assimilation and cultural persistence. Most of the dancers are both amateur and professional dancers, who parade in the "Sambadrome" - in Spanish. After the attractive performances, audiences leave their seat to mix the people so as to dance the traditional Latin American dances like Samba and Salsa joyfully.

On the last night of Carnival, when the sky is full of light by fireworks marks the end of Carnival and the most talented dancers will be chosen for the closing ceremony. After that Brazilian with a start full of vitality are going to return their usual life and the organization department assesses the strong points and weak points this festival to prepare better for the next celebrations.

To the residents of Brazil, the carnival is not just like other holidays. This is celebrated to mark an overturning of their daily life. It is the most incredible, funniest holiday that was ever created. It expresses all of the Brazilian's offered beauty. If those who want to enjoy an unforgettable holiday, I'd really recommend them go to Rio Dejanero in order to feel the atmosphere of Carnival fully.
You have written a very creative descriptive essay for the carnival. That shows creativity on your part but it does not answer the needs of the prompt. You were supposed to write a process analysis essay. That is not what you wrote. A process analysis essay is all about directions. If you use the carnival as the topic for this essay, you should provide us with information about how the carnival works. How does it happen? What are the chronological steps that need to happen in order to mount the carnival? Giving us a descriptive essay that falls under these criteria, you will have written a process analysis essay. That said, I suggest that you revise the essay to reflect the expected answers in the prompt :-)
OP hnlt 1 / 1  
thanks for ur feedback; i have to write a five-paragraph essay on The process of a holiday, it means i have to describe about general information concerning the holiday in the intro. paragraph, in body paragraph describes the activities b4 the holiday, during the holiday, and after the holiday in order to make a process. i'm appreciating your revising my academic essay.

best to you,

Home / Undergraduate / The brief of Carnaval - Process analysis essay