U of T Briefly comment on Victoria College's motto:"Studies Pass into Character"

amyibing 1 / 1  
Briefly comment on Victoria College's motto: "Abeunt Studia in Mores-Studies Pass into Character."

I have studied at A-Level Centre for more than two years. Compared with my peers who attended to normal high school, I learned under a different knowledge system and teaching methods. One of the big events this year was that I took the A2 Business test in November while it was usually in June. Although this was an ambitious goal, I felt prepared to take on this challenge. This was because I read through the extension topics when I studied the core subject and only needed to revise them in the two months left. During previous learning, I was encouraged to think further, to do extra reading and to draw up my own study plans. Just as the motto 'Studies Pass into Character', I become more curious about things out of classes; I am accustomed to plan ahead and to be well-organized; I am willing to take risks and looking forward to start a new life in Victoria College.
gemma2345 5 / 15  
I have studied at A-Level Centre for more than two years. Compared with my peers who attended to normal high school, I learned under a different knowledgestudied under a different curiculum or educational system and teaching methods. One of the big events in my life this year was that I took the A2 Business test in November whilethough it wasis usually written in June. Although this was an ambitious goal, I felt prepared to take on this challenge. This was because I read through the extension topics when I studied the core subject and only needed to revise them induring the two months left. During previous learning, I was encouraged to think further, to do extra reading and to draw up my own study plans. Just as the motto 'Studies Pass into Character', I become more curious about things ; I am accustomed to planning ahead and to being well-organized; I am willing to take risks and i looking forward to starting a new life in Victoria College.

goodluck
ivyeyesediting - / 85  
Hi there!

Great suggestions from Golden!

Is there a limit on this short essay? I'd love to see a specific example to show how your studies did really translate to your character or other areas of your life ('taking risks'). It could be brief--but this would definitely help to better substantiate your claim and target the prompt.

Also, be careful with the phrase 'normal high school,' 'normal' is a sensitive and problematic word these days! :) If your high school curriculum was atypical--explain how the curriculum was different, and a real departure from what you had previously experienced. This will only help to better speak to your risk-taking abilities!

All best,
Brooke
OP amyibing 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot!!

Home / Undergraduate / U of T Briefly comment on Victoria College's motto:"Studies Pass into Character"