The bristles of the paintbrush. Painting plays a crucial role in my life. Help with Common App Essay

kabrid8 1 / 1  
The bristles of the paintbrush in my hand dances around the canvas as if it had a mind of its own, creating a whole new world with hundreds of different shades and colors. Each stroke tells a story, illustrating each intricate designs being born to life. As the paintbrush moves, I watch the different colors settle in the fibers as the hues fuse together, depicting the evolution of a picture.

Painting has played a crucial role in my life ever since I was a young child. My love for painting came from my uncle, who was also a painter, when he gave me a quite large watercolor paint set. When I opened the box, my eyes were glued onto the wondrous sight filled with a variety of treasures such as paint brushes, watercolor paint tubes, and artist boards. Ever since then, I began to paint from the walls of my bedroom to eventually the canvases in my art classes. Painting became my outlet, an escape from reality as I entered a new realm where I can create my own world with the colors in my palette. In reality, I faced problems in family life and in school, but in my paintings, I was a princess who lived in a faraway castle or a mermaid exploring the depths of the seas.

Everyday in elementary school, I looked forward to when my class had art class just so I can let my imagination run wild onto the canvases. Even in high school, when I discovered about Painting Club, my heart made a leap. The club was a great way to relieve my stress from school work and lose myself to the brush strokes. In Painting Club, I painted my worries away and focused on my imaginations coming to life. It was fascinating to watch the picture gradually fill up the blank canvas like the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle coming together into an unexpected image. It sets a challenge to my mind in which I must overcome, but soothes my mind from all the anxiety as well.

Life around me blares to be depicted; every color wants to be painted. As I painted more, I began to gain a greater appreciation of every detail of my surroundings, from the sun rising as the sky starts to glow brighter to the orange and red leaves falling to the ground when it is autumn. Nature seemed much more vibrant and colorful to my eyes. Painting has sparked my intellectual curiosity, as it has broadened my mind and has allowed me to look at situations creatively. Since my future career path is in medicine, painting has inspired me to be more critically observant and inquiring as well. The detailed brush strokes in my works transferred to analyzing scientific and mathematical problems. As life goes in the future, the world of painting will continue to be my key to unlock more potential capabilities in myself to help achieve my dreams.
Ridi, I'd like to share my thoughts on your essay.
Kindly find my corrections below.

- The bristles of the paintbrush dances in my hand dances around

- Painting has played a crucial role in my life ever since I was a young child( a "child" is a young, we don't state the obvious ) .

- Ever sS ince then,

- Everyday in elementary school, I looked forward to everyday discovery, when my class
- run wild onto the canvases. Even, in high school,

- In the Painting Club,
- I painted my worries away and focused on my imaginations comingto come to life.
- As life goes inprogress to the future,

There you have it Ridi, I hope my remarks helped.
OP kabrid8 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for your help! I was wondering if this was a good essay because I though it seemed like just another cliche college essay.

Home / Undergraduate / The bristles of the paintbrush. Painting plays a crucial role in my life. Help with Common App Essay