Brookfield Regency for Senior Living; RICE supp/ extracurricular activities

krishtib 3 / 4  
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences. (150 word limit).

The summer of freshman year, I made some new friends. They were friends who taught me a lot in a very short time and I met them at the Brookfield Regency for Senior Living. My first day volunteering there, the assisted living coordinator announced to the seniors that they were going to be baking today and challenged each of them to make the best peach bread they could. Just seeing their faces light up at the word baking was delightful. Almost instantaneously, every inch of the room was covered in flour including the numerous walkers. The ladies did not seem to care as they precisely measured each ingredient for the winning peach bread. I was in awe of the determination present in each one of them. Seeing them, I realized happiness can lie in the smallest aspects of life and is just waiting to be found.

This is the other supplement

With the understanding that the choice of academic school you indicated is not binding, explain why you are applying to that particular school of study? (150 word limit)

It was while I was mentoring under doctors and technicians in the Radiology department of the local Elmbrook hospital that I knew without a doubt what I wanted to do after graduating college. Watching these doctors use such intricate machines to detect problems within the human body and solve them so efficiently intrigued me. Analyzing equations and finding answers is something I have always enjoyed and feel this particular field is where I can hone my skills. I want to attend an institution where I am able to understand the functions of these devices and apply them effectively to help patients. Rice's program for Biomedical Engineering would allow me to do exactly that. The exceptional research opportunities that are available here would cater perfectly to my needs. Breakthroughs are possible with a remarkable team and outstanding facility, both of which are available at Rice.

I would really appreciate any feedback! thanks!
The summer of freshman year, I made some new friends. They were friends who taught me a lot in a very short time and I met them at the Brookfield Regency for Senior Living

The summer of freshman year, I made new friends who taught me a lot during a very short time at the Brookfield Regency for Senior Living.

My first day volunteering there, the assisted living coordinator announced to the seniors that they were going to be baking today and challenged each of them to make the best peach bread they could

On the first day of my volunteering there, the assistant living coordinator announced the day's special event, which was Baking, and challenged every one of us to make the best peach bread we could.

Just seeing their faces light up at the word baking was delightful

what does this mean? not very clear :(

Almost instantaneously, every inch of the room was covered in flour including the numerous walkers

... walkers?

Home / Undergraduate / Brookfield Regency for Senior Living; RICE supp/ extracurricular activities