Brown; community's impact - My family has shaped me into an adventurous eater

chickenlittle 1 / -  
Do you guys think I should write about this informal topic or I should change it to another more academic topic? PLease give me advice I just have only 2 days left :(. Thank you so much.

We all exist within communities or groups of various sizes, origins, and purposes; pick one and tell us why it is important to you, and how it has shaped you. (1000 characters)

My family has shaped me into an adventurous eater. From my early childhood, I could consume dishes that even some adults have to raise their eyebrows. My mother let me have silkworm pupae fried with crushed lemon herbs while my grandmother encouraged me to try shrimp sauce. From shrimp sauce and pupae, I have expanded my culinary field. I explore Hanoi streets and dare to eat whatever I deem fit. A steaming bowl of snail noodles. A hot balut egg consumed with herbs, sliced gingers, salt and vinegar. At home, my family has no difficulty eating organs of some kinds, eels, pork feet and ears. We are a middle-class Vietnamese family who have not traveled much but have enjoyed a wide variety of food, even food we ourselves created. Food has brought us close together around the table, sharing our trouble after a long hard working day. Food has defined us Vietnamese and our bold eating style. Thanks to my family, I can enjoy with any type of food in any foreign countries.
bluedevilzn - / 4  
I would advice you to change the topic. You could still write an informal topic, maybe a Vietnamese tradition/origins/purpose but I think that being an adventurous eater is not exactly a topic that falls within the prompt. I understand that you can eat anything but universities usually look for what you'll bring to the university. So, if you stick to this topic, I'd advice you to shape the essay in a way which shows that you can cook or bring this food traditions to the university.

Best of luck!

If you can, please have a look at my essays.

P.S. you guys eat real weird stuff! :P

Home / Undergraduate / Brown; community's impact - My family has shaped me into an adventurous eater