Brown Community - IB "poster girl"

foreverarianaaa 5 / 7  
Thanks in advance for the feedback. I'll be sure to return the favor :)

We all exist within communities or groups of various sizes, origins, and purposes; pick one and tell us why it is important to you, and how it has shaped you. (1000 character limit)

"You're in the International Bachelorette?" my cousin said, astounded. "What kind of program is THAT?"

Towards the end of last year, I decided to be the IB "poster girl," a name I devised for the few seniors each year that everyone thinks of when they think of IB. To me, they've been role models, exhibiting the qualities of an ideal student: involved almost to a fault, intellectual, and caring for others. I would be remembered by underclassmen as THE IB student of 2011-2012.

Each year, English classes go the Plagiarism Seminar put on by a few IB seniors. By the day before the seminar this year, the presentation was not prepared and no one had any idea what to say. Hesitant to continue, I remembered my goal and jumped in full-force. Not did participating show ideal IB student qualities, but I stepped out of my comfort zone to both learn and teach about something plaguing my school.

IB has made me who IB today. I have grown parallel with what it asks of me and more, learning about myself along the way.
rosemarimalu 3 / 13  
Can you help me on mine now, please? I would GREATLY appreciate it! :)

Home / Undergraduate / Brown Community - IB "poster girl"