Brown Supplement- What don't I know?

kennethkcy 2 / 10  
I don't know what I don't know.
At this moment, I could only ponder about how to begin with the "I don't know" essay.
I don't know if this authentic essay will certainly help me to gain a spot at Brown University.
I don't know what should I write about that will give me the "Light" and "Superiority" as a diligent and stronger candidate.

I don't know why Brown University chooses complexity yet broad essay topic as part of the freshman admission. (There must be a reason)
I do know what I don't know.

No matter how many "I don't knows" that I have come across, I realize that I still have to write this essay in order to complete my process of the Brown admission.

"I don't know" is a phrase that always provides me a broad idea that whenever I say "I don't know", the "I don't know" will always be answered. Similarly, all the "I don't knows" that I have for Brown University, there will certainly be answered thoroughly. But the essential part of the "I don't know" is the time. Time is an universal weapon that helps me to figure out the answers of the "I don't knows" and transform them into "I do know."
Charz 3 / 33  
You know the ''I dont know'' :)
would you mind to show how much of a time would cost you answering the ''I dont know''.What will help you? E.g hardwork,smartness etc etc ... You can also wind up by '' I dont know '' has not real been a term rather you prefer '' I'm ready to know '' and this should be in relation of the course you wish to take at Brown University.
OP kennethkcy 2 / 10  
Could you interpret more?
Charz 3 / 33  
I mean,If its an essay for undergraduate admission try also to show what you dont know about the degree you want to persue,how that build your interest about it etc etc... And show how will you figure out what you dont know academical.. Thats what I tried to add..!!
OP kennethkcy 2 / 10  
Thanks. That helps a lot!
Here is a challenge for you. Try to write about what you don't know without using the word "know" at all.

That means you have to be very methodical. Write an essay about what you need to know in order to contribute meaningfully to your chosen field. Do that, and you will be impressive.

:-)
Yes, this is a good brainstorming session, but it is not good as part of the essay. For example, this part does not make logical sense:

"I don't know" is a phrase that always provides me a broad idea that whenever I say "I don't know", the "I don't know" will always be answered. ---- the phrase does not ensure an answer.

Similarly, all the "I don't knows" that I have for Brown University, there will certainly be answered thoroughly. -------- too simple, meaningless really.

And then... Time is an universal weapon that helps me to figure out ...--- if you want to compare time to a weapon, talk about using it in a fight. If you want to talk about it as something to help you figure something out, compare it to a resource or a ... lesson.

Anyway, I hope you'll write this in a way that shows how fascinated you are about some subjects. Use it as an opportunity to tell exactly what subjects you are excited about learning at Brown.

:-)
OP kennethkcy 2 / 10  
I already replaced the word 'weapon' to 'tendency or inclination'.

Home / Undergraduate / Brown Supplement- What don't I know?