brown supplements - the response.

joke0611 5 / 18  
So here's the response for the Brown Supplement. I usually have trouble conveying what is in my mind onto paper, and I hope I achieved the purpose:

Tell us about the academic areas that interest you most and your reasons for applying to Brown.
1600 characters

I am someone that knows what I want. Ever since middle school I have been attracted to the sciences and would enjoy being a doctor or a scientist in the future. It is rather different for a woman to be interested in the science classes, but I feel that is where I belong. Furthermore, I thrive on challenges even though I may not always succeed right away. The one science class that I truly have a passion for is chemistry. I admit that it can be a challenging course and I struggle with it at times, but in the end I find myself enjoying solving these chemical formulas and performing lab experiments. I feel that I learnt something new everyday when I took chemistry. I sense that I would be the most comfortable at Brown. With the freedom in the course curriculum, I know that I will be able to reach my career goal by attending Brown. While I work on my distribution requirements for the math and science classes, I also have the opportunity to take some classes out of my comfort zone. This way I will be able to become a better well rounded student. It will be quite different at first, but I will find a way to adjust because I would learn something completely unique to me. I need the freedom to study as much as I want and for no one to judge me. And I believe that Brown will be the best fit for me. At the same time since the environment of Brown is more collaborative than competitive it seems like I will still have times to relax and set my mind. Brown will help me organize my priorities and still leave time for my other interests such as volleyball and community service projects.

How did you become interested in Brown, e.g., college counselor, undergraduate, relative, web site?
900 characters

Even though Brown is an Ivy League school, it took me awhile to discover the uniqueness it has to offer. Last year second semester of my junior year, I participated in a college tour with my school and we went on a tour of the campus. I had no idea what to expect, but by the end of the tour I realized that this is where I need to be. One story that a tour guide told us intrigued me and I have never forgot it since then. His story fit my criteria of how I have the freedom to express my intelligence. He mentioned that everyone on his dorm floor contributed notes for a test by adding notes to the wall of the dorm floor. Everyone saw what each other had to say and their notes eventually helped them succeed. Although it is a rather unique approach to study for a test, it seems that a collaborative approach always helps in the way as opposed to independent study.
I have become decisive, firm in my resolve to succeed as a physician or scientist. someone that knows what I want. Ever since middle school I have been attracted to medical science and chemistry . It can be rather different for a woman to be interested in the science classes, but I feel that this is where I belong. Furthermore, I thrive on challenges even though I may not always succeed right away. I admit that chemistry can be a challenging course and I struggle with it at times, but in the end I find myself enjoying solving these ...

Wow, very impressive! Good luck as a physician or chemist! You can do both.

:)
OP joke0611 5 / 18  
thank you!
i just hope Brown feels the same way
stimpsimp 6 / 37  
Your welcome. Well since Kevin commented on it and he's way better than I am, i dont think there's much i can do lol. Good luck with everything. If you still want me to give my insights on the first prompt i can though just let me know

Home / Undergraduate / brown supplements - the response.