Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

I want to build, design and innovate the world of tomorrow; U Toronto(Engineering)

Sewar 1 / 1  
I would really appreciate it if some could read it over and tell me what they think about the organization, punctuation and overall grammar. I also would like to know how to properly conclude the essay. Their is a 3000 character limit.

This is what the question asks: What has inspired you to pursue an engineering degree and why would you like to study at the University of Toronto? What skills have you developed through your extra-curricular experiences that will support your future success as both a student and an engineer?

I want to become an engineer because I want to build, design and innovate the world of tomorrow. I want to build machines that will improve the quality of life for all human beings on earth. I also want to become an engineer because I enjoy applying the knowledge I have gained through my education to solve everyday problems. One of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had in school that further strengthened my desire to become an engineer was building a battery for a chemistry lab. Being able to apply the knowledge I had learned in that class to create a useful device generated an excitement in me that I will never forget. I am interested in many engineering fields and would choose them all if I could, but I am choosing to apply for mechanical engineering, as it is one of the more broader majors of the engineering field.

Throughout out my employment experience, I have developed the impeccable problem solving abilities required to become a great engineer. As a kitchen installer on the weekends, I have learnt how to apply the math I have learnt in high school to solve the unique set of problems that come with every kitchen. Whether it is an uneven ceiling, wall, and floor; or a cabinet that will not fit through a door, eventually I'll find a solution to the problem using my intuition and experience. These are the qualities, which I believe will make me a great engineer.

The reason I would like to pursue an engineering degree at the University of Toronto is because of its internationally recognized reputation, and convenient location near my hometown of Pickering, Ontario. For the next four years of my life, I will be committing to better my myself through studying and working for a majority of the time; as a consequence, I wanted to choose a university which was close to my family, so that I could visit them whenever the rare opportunity arises.

I look forward to hearing back from the admissions committee.

Home / Undergraduate / I want to build, design and innovate the world of tomorrow; U Toronto(Engineering)